Bambi (Rudolf) is from Grammy and Grandpa Yorgason and
Beary is from Nana and Papa Jensen.
A Friend At Naptime
A month ago we started making Beary part of nap time to make it fun winding down. I would get Beary and make his hands sign "book" and get excited and dance around that we were going to go in the bedroom and read together. Grant LOVED this and every day after that started grabbing Beary and making him sign book. He became his little friend. He would talk to him and kiss him and smile REAL big at him. I figured it would be a good idea for Grant to get used to sharing "mama milk" for when the new baby arrives and so Beary gets a turn to drink while falling asleep too. It's been such a fun little friend.
Playtime Friend
Then more recently "Bambi" (Grant has been in love with the Bambi books and I showed him a clip of the movie on youtube of Bambi learning to say "bird" and Grant laughs his little head off-he loves Bambi) so anyway when we started playing with Rudolf, his name became Bambi. I wanted to correct him but oh well- he can say Bambi really well and that's what he loves so why can't Rudolf be Bambi? So this has been Jay's fun toy to play with Grant. Bambi and Grant and Dad play the mini basketball together. Bambi shoots and then Grant and Bambi try to get the ball running around like wild animals and laughing hysterically. I've tried to play with him a few times but he wants "Daddy" to play with him! So it's their thing but I love watching-
Our Bed Is Getting Crowded
Well, now when it's nap time, we have to have Beary and Bambi- both. And he shares milk with both of them. It's tough with the belly and two stuffed animals for Grant to reach and nurse but somehow he manages and conks out next to his two friends.
| Looks like I fixed the month and day- not year! ha ha- it's 2013 for the record. |
No comments:
Post a Comment