How far along: 28 Weeks
Total weight gain: 25ish pounds
Maternity clothes: My favorite piece of maternity clothing is still my stretchy black leggings I got from Ross. I am in love. I just got another pair (grey) for my stocking for Christmas! I am so excited to have 2 to swap.
Stretch marks: AH! So these ones aren't on my belly but on my sides! I guess I should be doing coconut oil everywhere on my torso....
Sleep: Need more sleep.....
Best moment of this week: I won the lottery. Sorry-It feels like I won the lottery. I can't even contain my happiness. I called a doula who I knew I couldn't afford (why? So many people recommended her when I put the word out I was looking for a doula- I at least had to talk to her) and she recommended a lady who was training to become a doula and will attend my birth for free. I talked to Treana this week to see if Brenda (training doula) would be available for my March birth and she said she would! That's not even the best part. The best part is she is nervous to attend me alone so Treana, wanting to help Brenda, will be assisting her at my birth!!!! I get Treana Hunt for FREE!!!! So I get two helpers really-I am ecstatic. I can't help it. I know it's not guaranteed still that she'll be there (she has quite a few March births she will be attending) but the thought that I could have this experienced, wonderful, recommended, loving lady at my birth is so incredible. I feel like there are tender mercies at work here.
Thankful for: Prayer. I know Heavenly Father is blessing me as I pray for the things I need and want (Treana Hunt). What an amazing thing to know that our Heavenly Father loves us so much and wants to help us- he's just waiting for us to ask him.
Movement: This baby moves soooo much. So much. Which is a good sign- the doctor says that means they have energy and feel good- I'm so glad.
Food cravings: milk. It's weird. I'll get a bowl of cereal, thinking that's what I'm craving, but end up just gulping down the milk before really even eating. I'll do that a couple times. The other night Jay was eating oatmeal squares and I asked if I could have some and just drank his milk. He was sitting there watching me going, "Yah right, you aren't going to drink all my milk? What?"
Have you started to show yet: How are people not noticing? It's funny that so many don't. REally? I'm so big but maybe when I'm sitting, I slouch forward and cover it up? I know the coats have something to do with it but it's making me laugh how many people have been surprised and said, "I didn't even notice!" Oh one lady in my ward was so sweet- she came up and said I was a cute pregnant lady and that made me feel so good- I gave her a hug and I think sometimes you just need to hear that and hear how exciting it is that you are having a baby, even if you are showing more than anyone else! But also, with Grant's pregnancy I was always worried I wasn't showing enough so I think no matter what I'll worry. I just need to learn to love the process and not worry so much.
Gender: I still use "he, him, his" when referring to baby- I think that's because that's what I'm used to (with Grant). But then I'll stop and go, "Wait! This baby could be a girl!" And I get really excited that I still don't know- I can't believe how much I've loved having this mystery. I don't think I'll ever find out again- it's just too fun not knowing!
Belly button in or out: Out.
Wedding rings on or off: Off- they fit but my fingers swell at night and when it's warm- so much more comfortable to just wear them on my necklace.
Exercise and preparation for birth: I bought some raspberry leaf tea and am researching kefir....apparently kefir is like a yogurt drink that has so many different good bacteria and helps get rid of bad bacteria and yeast (um that's what I need!) and can help prevent mom having strep B when delivering!!! I would love to avoid the antibiotics and if this will help I am excited to try it out!!! Also, I think my hospital bag will include some honey sticks- easy to eat and some good sugar to keep energy going! Great idea I found somewhere.
Happy or moody most of the time: I've been more on the moody side this last week. I think it's the lack of sleep maybe.
Looking forward to: Getting huge. ha ha...okay...jokes. But I am looking forward to knowing what this little munchin's gender is! It hasn't been hard not knowing, but I am really excited to find out. The anticipation is starting to really build for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment