How far along: 29 weeks
Total weight gain: over 25 pounds
Maternity clothes: I wear my stretchy pants every single day. Sometimes I put jeans over them to be warmer- but every day. I cannot express my love for these pants.
Stretch marks: They're looking good- need more coconut oil!
Sleep: Story time: so now that Jay's hours are different at work (he gets home at 9 instead of 10) Grant usually waits to see dad before bed. Then he insists we all go to bed together. Lately, we go in there with Grant and nudge each other saying, "Don't go to sleep...are you asleep?" but we've both been conking out at 9:30. We really wanted to make some homemade caramels the other night so after we both fell asleep at 9:30 with Grant, we both randomly woke up at 1:20 and decided to have a date night! We stayed up till 4 and watched some shows and made treats! It was so fun, I am tired though- maybe our midnight dates will have to be a little shorter still....
Best moment of this week: Eating a Christmas dinner with our Nepali friends. They are so kind and thoughtful and so good. They really are our family away from family and I'm so thankful for them. Sushila and I decided we are sisters. Whenever I get a little nervous or worried about what I'm going to do with a newborn and a toddler, I just know Sushila will check on me and help me with anything I need- I hope I do really well- I just know that I have someone that's looking out for me and that feels pretty good.
Thankful for: So many things! I am still learning to focus on the good but here are a few things lately: My eyes. Sometimes when I look at Grant, I imagine what it would be like if I couldn't see his eyes light up and that huge grin of happiness sneak across his face or his emotions as he learns throughout the day. I am so glad I get to SEE that. Seeing it helps me feel it- I feel so much love for him when I look at him. And I'm soooooo excited to be able to see my next baby too- I love my eyesight!!!!!!!!!
Movement: Movin and grovin.
Food cravings: Lately, I've kind of lost my appetite a bit. It might have something to do with the treats I've been making lately- I eat those and my body thinks I don't need more? Uh....so I am trying to make sure I eat real food- it's weird just not feeling hungry when you are pregnant. I eat because I know the baby needs some nourishment.
Anything making you queasy or sick: On our midnight date night I was all of a sudden nauseous so I tried drinking water and that didn't help but then I had some toast and a little cereal and I guess my body needed some food- that's the first time that's happened since 1st trimester.
How you feel: I feel so much better than ever in my entire pregnancy. I have a little bit of that weird right shoulder/back pain again but it's manageable which is such a blessing (I have a rice pack that does wonders), but seriously I have never felt better. I thought 2nd trimester was supposed to be the good one but I feel like I have energy and can jump up quickly and move around- I did not feel like that 2nd trimester....I am sooooo blessed!
Gender: Surprise, surprise. I'm guessing girl lately....
Belly button in or out: Out!
Wedding rings on or off: fat fingers.
Exercise and preparation for birth: I go outside with Grant pretty much everyday and he likes to walk so it's soooo slow for me- he stops and looks and pokes everything so lately I've been pacing back and forth from where he stops. I'll make tracks in the snow and walk around trees and such just to get moving a little bit more. I can't go too far though because even though we live in an apartment complex, cars are constantly on the sidewalk so you do have to be careful.
Happy or moody most of the time: Happy!!! I really am.
Looking forward to: Okay, I know I mentioned this last week in the "best moment of the week spot" but I cannot contain my excitement: I get to most likely get Treana Hunt at my birth! Can you believe it? I not only get Brenda, who is a caring lady who wants to help me have a natural birth but I get someone who has been a labor and delivery nurse for over 25 years and a doula for I forgot how long but long enough to have almost every mom I ask who has had a doula to recommend her. I feel like crying every time I think about this because I know Heavenly Father loves me. It's a miracle and a tender mercy and the biggest bestest blessing I could have ever received. I mean for free? REally? I get two wonderful ladies to help assist me in my birth? I just can't help but be soooooo excited to meet them in person...I know it's the holidays so I have to be patient and wait a little bit but can I just meet them now?!!!!! I CANNOT wait!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment