Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Week 18 of Pregnancy



How far along: 18 weeks
Total weight gain: I don't know how to answer this. I lost 5 lbs during 1st trimester and now I have gained 10 meaning I have gained 5 from my original weight. I'll just answer from original weight because that sounds better to me.
Maternity clothes: Oh yes. I think I started wearing them at 13 weeks. I still wear normal jeans with the rubber band but pregnancy shirts are a must now. My belly is big already.
Stretch marks: Hello. Okay last pregnancy none, the entire time- ENTIRE pregnancy then I got stretch marks from my milk coming in- that was unexpected. This pregnancy I have stretch marks all over my belly! Everywhere!!! Ha- I thought I was one of those lucky ones that just never got them- wrong. I am more surprised than disappointed though- just wasn't expecting it.
Sleep:  I am super tired lately. Like I just run out of energy. Boom, done randomly during the day. I am lucky I get to still nap when my toddler naps- phew.
Best moment of this week: Feeling tons of movement all the time. Now I know for sure that's a baby in there- a strong little tike.
Miss anything: I really do miss sleeping through the night without having to get up out of bed to pee. 
Movement: Tons!!!! I really have had a hard time knowing up until this point- which was interesting because I've heard most women can feel sooner and with G I was sure at 16 weeks. So I guess I had to wait a couple more weeks but I am so happy to feel this one now- it makes it all so real- like this little person is coming *kick* get ready for me mom!
Food cravings: I crave citrus stuff- oranges, grapefruit but also cereal. I just love cereal so much- I love rice squares with whole milk. I don't know it just is so calming to me.
Anything making you queasy or sick:  Sometimes G's diapers are a little much and old food from the fridge. But it's not bad at all. I can handle it! I love 2nd trimester!
Have you started to show yet: You mean did I ever not show with this pregnancy? I'm not sure. I think I am showing a ton more than with the first- I just can't believe how different it has been.
Gender: SURPRISE! Yes, we have decided to keep the gender a surprise and while it was a tough decision at first, I am enjoying every minute of not knowing- it's exciting! Plus, I've realized that people will ask you what you are having and then forget later. I mean it's so exciting to be having a baby so that isn't diminished at all- that's all still there and now there is just little mystery in the mix of excitement. I'm also really hoping it will help during labor...I guess we'll see about that one.
Belly button in or out: It's in still- it's halfway on it's way to being out though.
Wedding rings on or off: On- I think the cold weather makes that possible.
Exercise and preparation for birth: I'm reading Ina May's Guide to Natural Childbirth and would recommend this book again and again. It's so wonderful to hear these amazing stories and how the body really doesn't function during labor if the mother is afraid or uncomfortable- I just read a chapter about sphincters- a midwife has a class of couples and holds out a $50 bill and places a metal bowl  in the middle of the circle of couples and says the first man to pee in the bowl in front of everyone can have the bill.  She still hasn't had anyone get the $50. It just makes a point that really, our body and mind operate together and you need to be comfortable with whoever is present to allow your body (and the sphincters) what it needs to do during labor. 
Happy or moody most of the time: Happy;) 
Looking forward to: Meeting with my midwife. We weren't sure if we were going to be able to afford it this time but with Jay's new job the midwife is willing to work a deal with us so I might get my dream water birth after all! Ah! So excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment