Friday, October 11, 2013

Funky Toenails & Other Tidbits About The Little Boy

I have to write about this. I really must remember this when my little boy is grown- I don't know it's just so weird. Like I think my kid is perfect, I really do- except for one little thing.

Looks:


He really is perfect from head to toe....but it stops right at the toe until it reaches the nail and then something happens.

About halfway to the tip of the toenail, it starts curving upward and out.
This results in the WEIRDEST toenails you will ever behold.
No kidding.
They are sharp and jagged and stick straight out because of so mentioned curve.
I try to clip them so they aren't deadly but I can only clip to the edge of the white and the curve starts much further in than that.

I'm so glad his fingernails don't do this.


Okay- got that recorded- moving on to cute things;)

Marshmallow Hair:
Jay describes his hair has "perfectly golden-brown roasted marshmallow hair" and it really is. Most of it is this beautiful golden brown color- I actually really like it- I thought I would want his hair to stay dark with his dark eyes and skin but he is beautiful with this mallow hair. He's still got some random patches of his former dark hair on the sides of his head above his ears and on his forehead which looks kind of ombre right...



Walk:

Seriously cracks me up every time. I don't know when he started doing this...maybe a week ago now?...
So when he's serious about going and doing something he keeps his right arm tucked straight by his side and swings the left back and forth vigorously as he struts to whatever has caught his eye.
It. Is. Adorable.
I got a tiny glimpse on camera..stay tuned for when I finally figure out what's going on with my youtube and why it isn't working! Argh!
I have to wonder if he's going to be lopsided doing this but it sure is darn cute.



Talk:

Where did this kid come from? He wants to talk now. Every day he wakes up and gibbers away. Then, he is enthralled with pronouncing words. We can sit there for a whole minute just practicing a word. He looks at my lips as I speak the word, then repeats...a lot of the time it sounds kind of similar too.

It's cute though because he will start words with a letter that is in the middle of the word so "grapes" is "papes". That's the only one I can think of right now. Peaches and blueberries sound like "babies" but he is doing really well with words like "soup" and "rice" he says "sue" and "rye".

He says "thank you" now and tries to say pretty much anything else you ask him to try. So crazy he's really going to be talking.

Eating:

Well, he has been extremely picky and won't eat dinner which has caused some grief (waking up at 3 in the morning to feed him some toast and applesauce).
I have a success story though: he ate leek, zucchini, white bean and noodle soup! Yes, he would only touch the zucchini- which he loves apparently (I think cause it's soft) but then I blended everything else up and he ate-no kidding- almost 2 measuring cups worth tonight. HOLY MACARONI. I think he eats more than I do sometimes. And I'm pregnant....he must really be going through a growth spurt or something.

Oh and he LOVES green smoothies! I'll post a couple of my favorites here soon.

He really is a little boy now and it's really a very fun thing having a little boy running around. I am so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment