I really wanted to spend some time with her before she leaves and was so excited to hear she could come up and stay for a Friday and Saturday sleepover party. Of course Bethany and Ward came up with her to join in the fun!
Friday night was eh...I won't go into detail because this post is about the fun part of the visit. Let's just say G refused to nap Friday which was a very....different experience for me. (Crankiest kid EVER). So I was glad when everyone finally went to sleep and we could sleep off the day.
Saturday ended up being so fun though. Pumpkin pancakes, shopping and caramel apples.
Shopping was good as we were able to cross off a bunch of items from Cassy's list of things she has been needing to buy for her mission.
I think Grant had the best time ever- a constant buddy all day to laugh with him and chase him and whew it was fun. He cried his little eye balls out when they left. They all got such cute videos of Grant and I can't believe I didn't take any pictures of them with him- we were just having too much fun I guess.
Then we made caramel apples and just laughed and had a good time. The caramel was PERFECT this time- hard enough hard to stick to the apples and soft enough to bite into. I love this tradition. Of course we had to try a pinterest idea of scooping the middle part out and having inside-out-caramel apples. Like this:
![]() |
| Image taken from: http://www.cupofsugarpinchofsalt.com/2012/11/10/inside-out-caramel-apple-slices/ |
Luckily we only tried that with one because this is what happened:
Well, they still tasted good! It was fun.
I wish they could come down every weekend and play with us.
Cass, we sure will miss you but you are going to be sharing something so awesome with people- something that could change their lives forever! We are so blessed to know about a loving Heavenly Father and our Savior who made true joy and happiness possible! What a great thing! You will be amazing!




No comments:
Post a Comment