Friday, October 18, 2013

19 Weeks of Pregnancy

How far along: 19 Weeks
Total weight gain: ? No scale...hope the doctor's appointment isn't too big of a surprise.
Maternity clothes: Yes.
Stretch marks: Okay, last time I mentioned I had them EVERYWHERE on my belly... Can I just say coconut oil is AMAZING! AMAZING! Did you get that? They have all but disappeared! I can still see a couple faded marks from where I was stretching but it has made all the difference in the world. I just stalked up at Costco with 2 big gallon containers of the stuff. I use it for everything now.
Sleep: Eh- it's fine. The transition for Grant to sleep in his own bed has been really slooow. His little mattress is next to our bed and he'll sleep there...sometimes...I always put him down for nap in his bed but bedtime he still wakes up and wants to cuddle and nurse. I think we might take away night nursing pretty soon...he's almost done teething so the plan is to have Jay get him some water and tell him he can have "mama milk" in the morning. This is plan A. Coming into effect...soon....
Best moment of this week: I got to feel my little angel kick against my hand this week. He/she is getting so strong and I think Jay will be able to feel soon.
Miss anything: Clothes that are cute and fit right and are functional. Seriously try shopping for a shirt that fits a pregnant belly, allows easy access for nursing, is modest, and cute! It's kind of tough. Oh and they don't carry maternity nursing garments...that would have been nice. Oh well.
Movement: So much! It's funny though because I'm so distracted with life in this pregnancy that the kicks catch me off guard and I almost get annoyed, like, "What is that?! Oh...yah...the baby...Yay!!"
Food cravings: Cereal. I'm so bummed because I know it's not the best food for my candida diet (did I mention I have that? Yah, it's not very fun...and Jay has it too so we have to seriously change what we are eating).
Anything making you queasy or sick: Randomly I will get nauseous and I think it's when I go too long without eating something. Snacks are a must now.
Have you started to show yet: I might just delete this question...really? Really.
Gender: Human.
Labor signs: Today we went for a hike up the canyon to collect leaves with our friends from Nepal and I was feeling it. Those muscles in the belly start cramping up or stretching or something.
Belly button in or out: In.
Wedding rings on or off: On.
Exercise and preparation for birth: Exercise? Eh...does chasing Grant around count? It's a workout I tell you. Then we still try to go for walks when the weather is good enough and a hike today- it was beautiful. I love being able to walk around in nature- especially now with all the leaves changing.
Happy or moody most of the time: Happy:)
Looking forward to: Eating healthier! We have found some great spices and recipe ideas (from Sushila) that will help with our candida and be delicious. I'm excited to incorporate more veggies and beans in my diet. Get some healthy protein for the babe and kick candida in the butt? Awesome plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment