He has a favorite song. It's a good one. From the Prince of Egypt. He fondly calls it "Eye die dee die".
We borrowed the soundtrack from my mother-in-law and since that day (what going on 3 weeks now) we have listened to track number 7 non-stop.
Am I kind of maybe sort of sick of it by now? Well, not as much as you might think. I actually really do like the song and it's funny because the lyrics always actually make me really think different things about my life and thoughts such as, "I need to look at my life through heaven's eyes". Plus, we get to dance like crazy lunatics to the lai la lai lai lee lai lai part which is always a blast- and a workout! Bonus!
Here are the lyrics for those of you who don't know the song:
A single thread in a tapestry, though its color brightly shines, can never see its purpose in the pattern of the grand design. And the stone that sits up on the very top of the mountain's mighty face, does it think it's more important than the stones that forms the base? So how can you see what your life is worth or where your value lies? You can never see through the eyes of man. You must look at your life, look at your life through heaven's eyes.
lai-la-lai lai lee lai lai, lai lai lai lai lai lai lai lai lai lai la lee lai lai, lai lai lai lai lai lai.
A lake of gold in the desert sand is less than a cool fresh spring. And to one lost sheep, a sheperd boy is greater than the richest king. Should a man lose everything he owns has he truly lost his worth or is it the beginning of a new and brighter birth? So how do you measure the worth of a man in wealth or strength or size? In how much he gained or how much he gave? The answer will come, the answer will come him who tries to look at his life through heaven's eyes.
And that's why we share all we have with you though there's little to be found. When all you've got is nothing there's lots to go around. No life can escape being blown about by the winds of change and chance and though you never know all the steps: you must learn to join the dance. You must learn to join the dance!
lai-la-lai-la-lai lai lee lai lai, lai lai lai lai lai lai lai lai lai lai la lee lai lai, lai lai lai lai lai lai.
So how do you judge what a man is worth? By what he builds or buys? You can never see with your eyes on earth. Look through Heaven's eyes, look at your life. Look at your life. Look at your life through Heaven's eyes!
I should have it memorized by now by I always get the different parts confused. So yes, this is the song we have been living our lives to every day for almost the past month. Oh and did I mention I am not allowed to sing anything else to rock him to sleep with? He requests "Eye die dee die" every time. Sometimes he wants the "hush now my baby" part from "Deliver Us" of that same soundtrack but then right after I start singing it he emphatically says "EYE DIE DEE DIE!" and he gets more and more worked up if I don't switch over right away.
Another funny note about his demands and this song: the last two days he says, "Eye die dee die" and once I start singing the words, he goes "Hmmm....hmmm..." because he wants me to hum it instead of sing the words.
He doesn't use English to let me know his desires, but he sure can communicate what he wants.

No comments:
Post a Comment