That's what I've heard them called a few times- isn't that what you call your doctor Mandi? ha ha;)
Have you heard of muscle testing before?
It is soooo different, yet so neat.
I guess the basis is that your body knows what is going on and what it needs and what it is lacking and can tell you through your electrical impulses, which can be read through muscle testing.
It sounds different when you first hear about it- almost like magic or something but the more I've learned about it, the more I see how much it makes sense. Your body does know what it needs and it's so neat that there are those with this knowledge to help you read your body's signals.
So I found an alternative medicine clinic in our new city and called and asked if they could help me with a problem I have had for over a year.
I have had major scalp problems people. This isn't the occasional dandruff that is embarrassing that you just "deal" with. I was having major self-esteem issues and didn't go to church a few times because it was that bad.
So you know I love trying all natural remedies and I'm excited learning about plants that are put here on this planet, made by our creator, meant to help us with illnesses and pain! Did you know that asprin comes from the willow tree? It's the exact molecular make-up except that it is man-made so it could be patented and someone could make some mula from it- you can't patent nature. Look into DoTerra Essential oils (the highest grade) and once you start learning about the amazing properties of these plants you will be aMAZED.
Anyway, so I've tried dealing with my scalp issues naturally:
changing shampoos to ones without the harsh ingredients,
not using shampoo at all- using baking soda and vinegar to wash my hair,
trying melaleuca oil on my scalp,
rubbing coconut oil on my scalp,
Each of these little remedies I tried for a few weeks to a month or months, knowing that it might take time for them to start working. Nothing has worked.
Nothing has been more discouraging for a new mom, a woman who wishes to be beautiful, and a human being who wants people to see them and not just a condition that they have, to have a day where she wants to get ready and look beautiful and it's practically impossible because I'm sorry, you just don't look beautiful with specs of your scalp littering your curls. I tried to be positive and say things to myself like, "At least I have hair- isn't that wonderful?" and I knew it could be worse but it was seriously limiting my enjoyment of my life. And it seemed there was nothing I could do, especially not having the funds it felt to take care of myself. That is discouraging too.
Now, I would like to re-emphasize that I really am grateful that we have had this time to go through this as our little family. It's so so hard but I feel like it has given me a greater understanding and compassion and empathy for others. I don't know how I would have gotten this new and wonderful perspective any other way than through going through this and having to be uncomfortable and feel this way
So it's been a year that I've lived with this recurring problem- it wasn't always so bad but it was starting to really get to my spirits- so going to this doctor has been the best thing ever.
Anyway they hook you up to a machine called a meridian stress tester and the computer reads your electric signals and they are able to see what in your body is calling for help.
Apparently it was not only my scalp- although that was the most obvious. I also had weak lungs and a weak heart (they go hand in hand) and the tester asked me if I have been short of breath. I almost cried.
Yes. Yes I have been short of breath and whenever I take a deep breath it's almost painful. I figured I was just out of shape and just needed to practice yoga breathing or something.
So the diagnosis was:
1. mold exposure that my body couldn't get rid of
2. pesticide allergy- breathing it in
I recall cleaning black mold before these problems started in the Bungalow and I just discovered that the basement room we stayed in for months was unknowingly growing black mold and is currently being gutted out and cleaned up. I have no idea where I'm breathing pesticides- she said it was probably a recent exposure since my body is responding really well to treatment.
So they give you these homeopathic drops that help your body recognize what it needs to get rid of and I've been on a special diet- no yeast or sugar (yikes- I thought that would be easy until I realized my whole diet consisted of toast and fruit).
So far I've been on it for about a week and a half and my body seems to be responding! The scalp problem is lessened and I feel beautiful again. I even bought a cute shirt and put on make up and did my hair the other day! Can I just say it feels good to be getting better!
Oh and yesterday I could breath deeply and it felt....normal. I wasn't straining for breath. I am so grateful this place exists and that I was able to go!!!
Oh and guess what?!
Jay got a job! So we can afford my treatments;) I know Heavenly Father is looking out for us and answered our prayers- I might have to do a little post about that.
No comments:
Post a Comment