Sunday, September 8, 2013

Mix Up- Week 13


Week 13. Yes, not 20.
March 11th.
Not January 12th! Ha ha.

We were planning on telling at 12 weeks!
Ha!
So then we told our families that we were 20 weeks.
Funny joke.

Well, I've been a little mixed up with the moving....?
I based everything off of what I read on the camera because if I did write things down I have no idea where they went in the move. So I took the postive pregnancy test and my camera conveniently records the date so perfect- I'll just subtract a month and few days off of that because I know I took the test once I knew I had missed my period. I'm a genius.

So the date on the picture said this:
05/07/13

So I told the doctor and our family and took a picture because I thought "I better hurry and take a baby bump picture if I'm already 1/2 way!"

Then we had the ultrasound this last week and the baby measured 14 weeks. Wha-wha-what?

"Is there a way you could be off on your dates?" My doctor asks quizzically.

"No way" I respond because I know I can count on the good ol' camera.

But I've done a little digging and guess what I found?
Yes, the dates on the picture say 05/07/13 but when you scroll out to the calendar it switches the two first numbers to read 07/05/13.

Huh.
Why oh why would they list the day first on the picture when everyone knows you read dates MONTH, day, year? Come on.

So now that's all straightened out.

Oh and everything makes sense now- not finding the heart beat right away, feeling nauseous still, not feeling a lot of movements.

We did get to hear the heartbeat though I must say it was the wost 5 minutes of my life waiting-
It took her a little bit to find it and she was quizzical as well ( I told her the wrong dates) why it was taking so long to find it.
Seriously, she started asking questions if I was sure I was pregnant and maybe I didn't have my period because Grant was still breastfeeding but then, oh yah, you had a positive pregnancy test....mmmm...
I cried like a baby when she found that tiny fast beating heart tone.

So it explains why it was more difficult.
You know the only thing that was making sense was my belly sticking out?
Yah so apparently I started showing way sooner than the first pregnancy. Which is probably why I really thought I was 1/2 way.

I am so happy to be a mom again! Grant will have a sibling and friend and we'll have a new special spirit to join our family. We are so blessed. I am so thankful.
Can't wait to kiss those little tiny baby toes.

No comments:

Post a Comment