Friday, September 13, 2013

The Facebook Break

I have noticed I have become quite opinionated as of late.
Not that that's bad.
Not that I want to stop having my opinions or sharing them.

It's just I've noticed this thing that I have now when someone throws an idea or thought out there, I want to see what I have to think about it so I'll read whatever material is posted and then think and ponder and sometimes I already know what I think so I skim the article but then I comment to let "the world" know of a different opinion if I disagree, and that I support the article if I do agree.

It's really okay, it is, as long as it's under control.
I have to say folks, I was not under control. I was reading and posting on everything and everyone's walls like everyone should be gifted with my thoughts and it was just stressing me out. It was like I couldn't resist or something. I just had to let them know what I thought. And a lot of the stuff I felt was important and I am totally fine with whatever has been said and the respectful disagreements but whew! A girl needs a break.

So here I am, on break. On my quiet little blog saying my thoughts and sending them out there- mostly for me to look back on and someday go, "Wow, I can't believe I was on facebook that much that I had to take a break- I hardly even look at that thing anymore unless I want to contact someone".

I am very happy that I have opinions though- those of you who knew me in high school and younger would know that I just happily liked things that other people liked and didn't really know what to think about controversial issues- I never gave it much thought. I was really wrapped up in a tight little world of being content and okay with not caring about a lot of things.

Possibly part of me is like "YAH! I think things! I'm going to tell you what I think because I've thought! Go girl!" ha ha.

A lot changes when you have to take responsibility for a child's life. I'm sure it started changing before then but that's when I really noticed it. You have to start forming opinions about things because you do care so much.

So now I have opinions about just about everything and if I don't know much about something, I'll read about it and research it a bit, then form one quickly.

It's new and different and I know some people are a little alarmed by it- but don't worry- I'm still me- just opinionated now and ready to tell you why I think certain things now. It's okay if we don't agree too. It's okay if you do things differently. I'm totally 100% fine with being me and learning as I go and forming my beliefs and convictions about life.

Which was part of the reason for the break. I really want to spend some time reveling in my new opinions and thoughts and allowing myself to think what I think without having to defend it, without having to feel like I should let someone "out there" know about it and really to not feel bad if I believe something or want something. There is a certain guilt I've noticed that I'll have if I want something or believe something that someone just can't accept or they think I'm "better" than them for wanting something in my life.  I am not trying to be better than anyone. I'm just trying to live the life I want to live and do it happily and joyfully and I really don't want to have to feel guilty about it. I just want to be at peace with it for now. I'm willing and open to learn and change my opinions but for now, I just want peace.

And so far, today, in the past 10 hours it's been a really great feeling.

I might do more blogging though- watch out.

I don't know when I'll go back. I actually hope it's a while.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm Heather from Moderately Crunchy! I saw your blog listed on my stats page as a referring site, so I came over to take a peek around. I just wanted to say how much I LOVED this post. I spent a long time keeping quiet about my views, and now I'm also finding my way back to a middle ground after being a little too opinionated from time to time :) Best of luck with your Facebook break, and keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to find middle ground too sometime in the future too because you can be extreme really one way or another which is why your blog stood out to me: "moderately crunchy" to me is another way of saying be realistic and do your best and keep trying different things to be healthier! Just how I would love to be.

      Delete