Well, Jay and I have been looking forward to our ultrasound for some time now- especially after I hear a lot of pregnant ladies get their first ultrasound around 14 weeks!
I have tossed and turned the past few nights not knowing if I am going to find out or not. I thought the idea of not finding out sounded really fun- the whole surprise thing. Then there were moments when I was sure I wanted to find out. Then there were all the moments in between where I couldn't decide one way or the other so I finally decided it was like getting my hair cut. You think you are going to and then you don't but really it's when you are in the hot seat at your appointment that you decide right? At least that's how I always am. So I just decided it would be like that.
So she puts the goop on my belly and just started moving it around- I thought it would be more dramatic- like she would look at me and say seriously, "Are you ready for this?" And I would take a deep breath and I would agree that I was ready.
Nope- just goop and then go.
The image appears on the screen and I've seen other people's ultrasound pictures and it always looks so blurry and i'm always confused how they can distinguish what is what. I couldn't help but be disappointed to find out that my ultrasound picture was just as confusing. I thought maybe because it was my baby up there all of a sudden I would be an expert- ha! So as the technician moves the utlrasound head around I desperatly ask every two seconds, "What is that!?" She smiles and says, don't worry, I'll show you everything. I had to bite my tongue and just try really hard to be patient.
Then she asks, "You want to know the gender?"
There was no hesitation.
"Yes."
Yes I do, if the baby will show us I want to know whole-heartedly. It wasn't hard to decide in that moment at all.
Well, we found it.
You know what I mean by "it" right?
A little boy part. Right there. It is a boy and we couldn't be happier.
Him. He. Boy.
My siblings and mom were able to join us for the ultrasound and I hired my siblings as photographers and they ended up recording the whole thing. I ask way too many dumb questions and look worried the whole time and Jay is just in awe the whole time.
Guess the video won't load-maybe I'll try later.
Soo...exciting! Congratulations! :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats! This is the first I'm hearing about you expecting. So happy for you!
ReplyDeletecongrats on putting a stem on that apple! let the fun begin of only being able to shop 40% of a kids clothing store. don't buy any blankets...unless you really LOVE it. people will give you lots. if you find yourself lacking, let me know. i'll send you some.
ReplyDelete