Friday, January 20, 2012

21 Weeks

Journal Highlights:

This week was so exciting I can't even stand it.

January 17th: I have been trying to get Jay to feel you kick for about a week now and you are quite the tease!!! The moment I start to feel you and grab whoever is next to me and shove their hand on my belly and wait holding my breath. After about 30 seconds of silence and staring, waiting, it gets awkward so I reluctantly release my death grip of whoever it was I holding hostage.

So this morning I wake up to some kicks. "Jay!" I whisper-scream. "Wake UP!!!!" I grab his hand and place it over my tummy and wait expectantly. Jay has experienced this same routine day after day and I'm sure expected nothing unusual. Then "BAM!" Epic kick. Best. Kick. Yet . Jay's eyes got wide and he said, "Wow."

Okay, so what do you expect from a guy who stays up working all night and has a crazy pregnant lady waking him up in the morning? All joking aside, it was really amazing to share that with Jay.

January 19th: I was not expecting a mini-massage on my ribs tonight. In fact you always kick on my left lower abdomen and today I was in shock that you could reach all the way up to my ribs on the right side.I guess you are getting long- I think almost 10 inches now- size of a banana. It tickled and made me laugh out loud. I swear, you kicked in response to my giggles which made me laugh even more. So I nudged gently back with my fingertips and you kicked back. It was so special to feel you alive and well today. Today you are really real to me.

2 comments:

  1. i remember having to push sterling back so that i could go to sleep. quincey was much nicer to me. glad jay finally got to feel him kick. i would spoon with andrew in bed and sterling would always kick him. enjoy it before it gets uncomfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kicking is the best part of it all and the one thing you end up missing the most! However, once they're finally here it is just so cool to see them kicking and learning. Awe! I'm so excited for you Aubrey. And congrats on finding out it's a boy.

    ReplyDelete