What was I worried about?
It feels so natural. So normal to have her here.
I can't believe how it just feels like she just belongs here and this is how it's supposed to be.
She is such an angel. Oh my goodness. Every night I get 8 hours of sleep. WAAAAY more restful than the hospital where the nurses have to come every hour to push on your stomach and get stats on baby and me- then someone calls or visits and then night time the babe did not sleep well meaning I got like 5 hours total sleep in a 24 hour period. That was pretty not cool. But then I get home and she sleeps so well at night. Something I never could have imagined- I mean I wake a few times to nurse and maybe change a diaper and go myself but really? Is this even possible? I feel like the luckiest person in the world.
My mother-in-law has been here to help cook and clean and keep up with things while we get things organized and make room for the baby- so I've been taking it pretty easy and shopping for things we need to help make room for a little baby girl.
We needed sheets for the mattress my aunt gave us so we can continue to co-sleep safely. And we had to get a little side- bassinet thing for the little one. She doesn't like it very much but we'll see if that changes over time.
We of course really have no girl stuff around here that belongs to us (we have a few things we have borrowed from family). I had to go get a bunch of pink, especially after I heard about an amazing sale on baby clothes-this used kid's store ($1 per item) and all the clothes I got were practically brand new. I feel so blessed. I found some really cute stuff! Oh man, I am going to crazy dressing a girl! I need to make a bunch of cute headbands or something- This is too much fun.
Overall a really great first week. She hardly ever cries. She used to when we'd change her diaper, but she doesn't even cry then. She's just so content and my mother-in-law and I agreed that she seems to smile- like actually smile. I don't want to really believe it but it really does seem so. She's so adorable and chill and like I said, she just belongs here with us. It just feels so perfect.
| Grant even held her for about 5 seconds- he looked so happy that he was trusted with this. |
| Then, before he could really even smile about it, he was done. |
![]() |
| Both sleeping! So awesome! |
![]() |
| Dad- he keeps saying she looks cute, but newborns looks so weird with the wrinkly skin and curled up positions- ha ha- she looks like an old woman sort of ha ha. |
| Sushila loves the baby. |
| She's waving! |


So cute!!! Congrats!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks!!! There is pink everywhere now! It's so fun.
Delete