Sunday, March 2, 2014

Meeting Baby- Big Brother Moment


Grant, meet your new sister! She brought you a gift!



He would only look at the book. He might have glanced at me but he refused to look at the baby.

Completely ignored her. But he liked his book from her so....success?

First day:
Grant finally looked at her. But then he slapped her belly and face.

Second day:
Grant was nicer... I think having one-on-one time with mom helped him feel still loved and valued so he started coming over to baby and being soft. We even let him hold her and he felt so important... for about 5 seconds...then he was done.

Third day:
His hits haven't been as hard...maybe he is learning.

Fourth day:
This just might work out.

Fifth day:
I am trusting him more to come within a few feet of her- he still will randomly hit her but it isn't hard and he LOVES kisses from her. I just lean her over to his face and say, "She loves you" (advice from my mom) and he just loves that. Oh and he's great at helping me change her diaper- he'll grab a diaper and throw the dirty one away! (I'm not cloth diapering her yet but we are doing cloth with Grant now and it seems to be working out so far).


No comments:

Post a Comment