Monday, April 2, 2012

Mischief Queen

That would be my mother.

I had totally forgotten about April Fool's- I had all these tricks I was going to play on Jay, all these plans...I was going to sew his pj's to the bed! Wouldn't that have been AWEsome? *sigh* I guess there's always next year.

Breakfast: blueberry pancakes! Yum!
We start chomping down on them and randomly start tasting different things: bananas, cranberries, chocolate chips- these were no ordinary blueberry pancakes we discovered. Then my little brother goes, "There's a marble in mine!" And then on cue Jay takes a bite and spits out a marble from his! My mom starts laughing and cackles, "April Fool's!" She got us all really good. Every bite after that was carefully scrutinized and gingerly bitten. Well, we were all in on the joke when Cassy's boyfriend came over and sat down. We all waited with baited breath until he would discover the trick as well, glancing over at his plate to see when he would take the bite. I was done with breakfast at this point and he was eating so agonizingly slow! It was taking him forever. Really? When do boys ever eat so slow? But eventually I left the table and perched somewhere where I could still keep an eye on him and finally he discovered a marble. We all had a good laugh on that one.
My mom is so fun.

Throughout the day Ward, my little brother, kept putting duct tape on everything- like when I tried to use the toilet I had to undo all the tape first and use the sink, same thing. Then tape kept ending up on my back somehow- he's pretty sneaky.

Oh I walked through a door and a cup of water fell on me- well, on my belly because that's the first thing to enter a room;) I found out it was Ward trying to get Jay back and once I discovered it was Jay's fault I knew I had to do something....

Something to get Jay- something that would still surprise him after a full day of everyone saying, "April Fool's!" I knew just the thing: Blue food coloring on his toothbrush so at the end of the day when he would least suspect anything-BAM!

I was so excited. It is so fun to play tricks on people and they have to play along and be a good sport because it's april fool's day.

So it's finally time for bed, and we pull our toothbrushes out and I notice his looks really dark from the food coloring- he's going to notice. Nope, he puts the toothpaste on and sticks it right in his mouth. Oh this is going to be great. He starts brushing and I smile a bit because I can see the blue going onto his teeth- but he leaves the bathroom and sits down on our new rocking chair and starts chatting away about how much fun we are going to have in the summer and such. This can't be happening! He isn't going to see this hilarious display so I call him back to the bathroom so he can look in the mirror. He comes and stands by the door just chatting away. I look and his mouth is slightly blue but nothing major but it's kind of funny that he hasn't noticed yet so I start laughing. So he starts talking faster and thinks he's making me laugh but I have no idea what he is talking about so I laugh harder because he thinks I am laughing at what he's saying and has no clue. He spits and it's so blue and guess what?!!! He doesn't notice. I am thinking for sure he will see this is not normal. He doesn't, he just keeps talking. Finally I tell him what I had done and by then all the blue was gone and his teeth looked normal. He hadn't noticed the whole entire time and it ended up not even lasting for him to see the little bit of blue that was there before. Big bummer!

Yes, I have begun plotting for next year-it's going to be good.

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha this post made me laugh out loud. Love it. Let me know on your good ideas. I forgot it was april fools.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good, it was quite hilarious. Oh and I could do that- Jay never reads the blog so I will remember to post some of my ideas before I do them...I want to do something with the toothbrush again but this time use numbing gel! ha ha, can you imagine!

    ReplyDelete