Friday, April 20, 2012

34 Weeks

Month: 7.5
Weight Gain: 33 pounds


Stats: Baby is the size of a cantaloupe today! 4.75 pounds and 18 inches long!
Symptoms: Tingly fingers- I wake up at night with my hand numb-the one I put under my pillow. Um, feet are starting to ache a bit. I timed how many times I pee and it is almost once every hour! Can you believe that- I have to always know where a toilet is no matter where I go. I wake up 2x a night just to pee.

Journal Highlights:
April 12th- Wow, I am actually coming a little bit more to grips that this baby is coming. Like it's going to happen. Whoa. I am really excited. And did it just happen over night that all of a sudden I am huge? Really I feel like all of a sudden there my belly goes. Baby is for sure bigger. 

April 13th- My cousin said that I probably wasn't going to have a 9 pound baby (she just delivered 9 pounder adorable Grove)- which I hope she's right because I want my baby to be healthy but I'm not sure that I want that big of a baby to come out of me- at least the first time. I hope she is right.


April 15th- I am running out of sunday outfits- I stole some of my sister's stretchy dresses that should get me by for a little bit.

April 16th-Had a dream last night that I gave birth. What a cool thing. The labor was perfect and fast and I wasn't scared- I was excited and I finally held my baby and he was perfect. This dream actually really made me excited for the big day. I am excited to write more about the classes I took after the baby is born so I can tell you really how it helped or what it helps me with.


April 18th- Have I complained about the marble and guitar strings in my mid-back? Yah- I don't have all the lower back pain that everyone complains about but I have this crazy pain on the right side kind of along my scapula. Actually my dad was complimenting me on how I don't complain about pregnancy stuff. Well, not anymore I am going to tell you it has been the worst chronic pain I have ever experienced. If it only lasted a week or a month maybe I wouldn't but it's gone on longer than that and it seems to be getting worse. Well, I got a prenatal massage today. Why have I been waiting this long to feel so relaxed and happy and pain-free? Oh yah, cause it costs a pretty penny but Jay I love you forever for encouraging me to go. What a great husband I have that will work so hard and pay for this wonderful heavenly treatment I got today. I feel so good.

5 comments:

  1. aubrey, i hope i look even half as good as you do when im pregnant! i still can't believe you are so close to having a baby. sometimes it seems like yesterday that we were roomies. you are going to make a great mommy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you believe it? It really doesn't feel that long ago. And Valerie- you are so sweet. Thanks for the compliment-I love you forever for saying such things!!!

      Delete
  2. Why are you such a BABE when you're that pregnant?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my Chels. I am so glad you are home!!!! I can not wait for you to meet him!!!

      Delete
    2. i know it's not fair! i like your shorts too.

      Delete