I am having my first ultrasound next month where I will most likely see what gender my baby is. In the meantime however, I researched very scientific ways of predicting what colors I will be decorating with:
1. Carrying Position. If you are carrying high, you are having a girl. If the bump is low, it is a boy.
-Me: Low. Boy.
2. Ring test. Using a string, hand your wedding ring over your belly. If it swings back and forth, expect a girl; swinging in a circle promises a boy. The opposite is true (back and forth means a boy) if you hold a necklace over your hand.
-Me: Sometimes circle but usually ending up in a straight line on my hand. Boy.
3. Acne. If hormones cause you to break out a bunch it's a girl. If you are glowing and never thought your skin looked better it's a boy.
-Me: First trimester I broke out a bunch. Now I look awesome with a few breakouts...So tie on this one.
4. Cravings. If you are craving more sweet things, it's a girl. If it's more salty/sour/spicy it's a boy.
-Me: Definitely sour and salty!!! All the time. Boy.
5. Moodiness. If you are extra moody, it's a girl. If you are happy and content, boy.
-Me: It really hasn't been that bad- Jay says PMS was way worse. Guess another point for a Boy.
6. Chinese Gender Chart. You enter your birth date and your baby's due date and it just predicts what the gender is.
-Me: It said Boy.
7. Side you rest on. If you are more comfortable on the right side then it's a girl. Left means a boy.
-Me: Boy. I have been preferring my left side more than usual and the right side kind of bothers me actually.
8. Dad's weight gain. If daddy gains sympathy weight it's a girl.
-Me: Jay hasn't gained an ounce. Boy.
9. Morning Sickness. If you had a lot of morning sickness that seemed to last throughout the day and past the 1st trimester it's a girl. Smooth sailing means boy.
-Me: Girl. Maybe a few points for this one. It was rough. Does that mean if I am having a boy that a girl will be even worse...yikes.
10. Protein. When a pregnant woman craves cheese and meat count on a boy.
-Me: Okay then, boy. I eat so much cheese......
11. Hair. If your hair has begun growing on your legs like crazy it's probably a boy.
-Me: Point for Girl! Nothing has changed in this department.
12. Headaches. If you have had an increase in headaches, you might be carrying a boy.
-Me: Yep. Boy. My headaches were a little on the dramatic side- very painful headaches.
13. Graceful vs. Clumsy. What do you think? Graceful is going to be a girl and clumsy will be a boy.
-Me: I haven't necessarily been clumsy but I get scared I will fall more easily and worry about it more....tie?
14. Dreams. If you dream the sex of your baby, you are carrying the opposite.
-Me: hmm.. I dreamed of a little girl with brown curly hair and green/blue eyes. Does this mean it will be a boy with blond hair and brown eyes? Point for Boy then.
15. Names. When thinking of names, the names that fit the gender of your baby will stand out more or you will be able to agree upon the name of the correct gender.
-Me: Interesting. I had the PERFECT little girl name and it just hasn't felt right...when I finally thought of a boy name it feels like that will be a name I use...weird. Point for Boy again.
16. Heart Rate. If the heart rate is 150 or below, it's a boy. A higher rate will indicate a girl.
-Me: 150 on the dot the 2nd time I heard the heart beat. The first time was much higher- 162 or something like that.
17. Movement. If your baby is more active, it's a boy.
-Me: This baby is a mover. Even when we went to the doctor and we listened for the heart rate it was moving all over the place making it hard to hear the little heart! Boy.
18. Cold Feet. Colder feet will indicate a boy.
-Me: I've just been colder all over. I guess that counts as my feet. Okay, point for Boy.
Okay, the Grand Total:
Boy: 16
Girl: 4
According to this it is looking like it's going to be a boy.
What do you think?
Do you think these wive's tales hold any truth?
Let the voting begin! I'd love to hear any guesses!
I guess girl--I don't know why! But either way, I can't wait to meet little baby Jensen!
ReplyDeleteThese are fun, but I still guess GIRL!!
ReplyDeletei guess girl because it would be nice for quincey to have a cousin of the same sex and age. andrew is guessing boy.
ReplyDeleteTotally a GIRL!!! Obviously.
ReplyDeleteBOys are FUn i love my little guy!So boy!
ReplyDeleteWe think its a boy and don't forget how your best friend spells his name ALAN - one L not 2
ReplyDeletecongrats we're excited for you guys!