Sunday, August 30, 2015

Questions to Ask Yourself

I have had a few conversations lately that have spurred me to want to write out my thoughts on this matter.

I'm not going to point out one particular choice or decision here, although you may be able to piece together my example from the clues.

Here are the questions I want you to ask yourself (coming from a place of mutual agreement that God exists and can provide personal revelation to each individual):

1. Is it possible that someone could receive different revelation than yourself?
2. Is it possible that God could tell person A to do X and tell person B not to do X?
3. Is it possible that "evidence" suggests person B to be "dumb" for not doing X?
4. Is it possible that everyone is different and needs different things?
5. Is it possible that men (and their studies) don't know everything God knows?


Can you see where I'm going here?

I've made some decisions that may look unwise because they are different or unusual than others' decisions. It has been hard and heart-wrenching to be different or choose something that is so out of the box, but over the few years that I've sat with my decisions, I've come to a place where I realize everyone IS different and Heavenly Father can give us each the information and inspiration for our own lives- and it might look completely different for each person.

In SO many different areas! Even things that I used to think were a "bad" thing don't look that way anymore- for that person, in their life, maybe they need that thing- whatever it may be, even if it wouldn't be right for MY life.

Isn't that neat!? That we could all be following God and doing the "right" decision, even though it is different for each of our lives/families :)

I believe God is aware of each of us and our needs.
I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment