Monday, August 10, 2015

5 Least Favorite Scriptures- Devotional

This is an amazing devotional given not too long ago in BYU- Hawaii.
We laughed and cried with him as we were kneading sourdough bread the other night.

You will need about 1/2 hour to listen to this but I would so recommend it!

It's about the future. Did you know we have scriptures that tell us what to expect in the future?!!! WHAT?!!! I mean I knew that but I guess I've just been MIA.

Some favorite quotes from this devotional after he has shared his least favorite scriptures:

"Why has God told us these things? Well, there is a lot of reasons but let me share two:
#1 So we are prepared. 
If ye are prepared, ye shall not fear. I really appreciate that scripture.  It doesn't say you don't need to fear, you don't need to be concerned. No, it says you will NOT fear, you SHALL NOT fear.  If you are prepared. There is nothing out there that is all that scary. In fact there is much out there to really look forward to. 

2nd Point: 
So we can put our energy where there can best be effective. 
If a man knows his house was going to be burglarized, he would be pretty stupid to increase his fire insurance. Wouldn't you say? Instead, he ought to invest in some deadbolts or maybe a whole house security system. That would be wise.

The Lord has told us what's coming, therefore we know where to put our efforts....
Though some of the future isn't pretty I want assure you that most of it is downright gorgeous. And we need to understand that side of the story as well."

I want to just quote the whole talk but you better just listen to it from this great man:

What a time to be alive!!!!

https://devotional.byuh.edu/media110726

One last quote:
"We have been preserved for this period and this generation for a reason and that reason is because you and I can do something. We can make a difference in a period where a difference means a whole lot."

No comments:

Post a Comment