My aunt Shauna wrote down things for Esther's baby blessing, just like she did for Grant's. I love that she did that for me because during the blessing, Grant decided he had to be by his daddy and started bookin' it up there. I had to jump out of my seat and tackle him, with as much grace as a horse on ice- I fumbled around with the pen and paper, then my long flowing whit skirt was attached to the diaper bag- but I did get to him in time and whisked him back to our seats. So I pretty much missed the blessing, let alone writing anything down.
It was a beautiful blessing, here are aunt Shauna's notes:
-bless you to continuing to develop and grow. That your body will function properly. To get the nutrition you need and become a wonderful, beautiful daughter of God.
-bless your mind to be clear, to see and understand the things of God.
-bless you at the appropriate time you will meet the right guy and be married in the temple and have a family.
-bless you to have faith and understand the purpose behind challenges and grow and help others through their difficulties.
-bless you to bring joy to our family, to be a wonderful daughter and sibling.
-bless you to find joy in the pure and simple things in life.
Also, as we were eating later, uncle Boyd shared with everyone what was happening during the blessing. Apparently the bishopric member who was in the circle told Jay to put one of his arms up on his shoulder- so he only had ONE HAND on our daughter- meaning he was just trusting everyone to keep perfect balance...while bouncing her to keep her calm. Turns out the bouncing got a little out of hand and she almost slipped right off! Uncle Boyd wrapped his fingers around her crocheted dress (my blessing dress my grandma made me) to make sure she didn't fall.
A little too much excitement for a baby blessing wouldn't you say?
After the blessing we met up and ate some good food and laughed about Sierra's initiation into the family. I decided you must have one embarrassing moment with someone in the family before really being a part of it. Mine: footies with Garr. Jay's: almost kissing my mom! Sierra's: smacking Ward's bum! he he. They had the same pants on and I guess Forrest was holding the baby when she turned around again Ward was- obviously she still thought the person holding the babe was her husband! So funny.
Here's some snaps I was able to nab:
| My mom's mom. |
| Dad's mom |
| I have a picture almost exactly like this in my baby book. |
| I started talking to her |
| Big smile for mommy's voice! |
| Melts my heart that she'll do that for me! |
| The newlyweds photo-bombing my diaper changing. |

Don't worry they almost dropped carlee too.
ReplyDelete