Wednesday, January 29, 2014
34 Weeks of Pregnancy--- A Pregnancy Comparison
We're going to do something different this week for the update....
Grant's pregnancy vs. this current one:
1. I hardly EVER have heartburn- maybe two or three times I can remember having it this time...pretty sure first pregnancy it kept me up at night, was uncomfortable after eating, etc. I LOVE not having heartburn, it is soooo nice (does that mean this baby is going to be bald? ha ha)
2. I am carrying this baby completely differently I have realized. It's not that I really have gained that much more weight or anything but really this baby is being carried out far so I have a "bigger belly".
3. I do indeed have stretch marks this time- it is apparent under my belly and as they start out little, they do get bigger as you grow bigger- guess it makes sense- I had NONE with Grant's pregnancy- none and now I have 2 or 3- I don't mind as much as I thought I would though- honestly I think they're kind of cool- am I weird? Maybe. Okay fine, I'm weird. And I'm happy that my belly doesn't itch or anything-
4. I for sure am not as in good of shape as last time- doing yoga and walking I can tell I am physically behind with stretching and feeling energized as far as that goes.
5. I am a lot more tired this time...well duh...there's a toddler in the house...first pregnancy was awesome- I could nap whenever and wherever- this time I have a kid to take care of so that changes a lot with me catching some zzzzs.
6. Back to the "bigger belly"- I don't fit in anything that I fit in with G's pregnancy- seriously- my belly pokes out of all those shirts that lasted me 'till the end. That's a little bit of a bummer.
7. Can't forget this one: with Grant's pregnancy, I constantly had the aching, throbbing pain in my mid/right back. This pregnancy I've felt it a few times but only for an hour or so at a time and 2 or 3 days in between. And when I do feel the pain, it never reaches the level of pain I would feel before....it's much milder- still an annoyance and still not fun but sooooooo much better. I also found a chiropractor who actually really cares (as in takes the time to ask me where the pain is and not just assume I'm like every other pregnant lady who goes in for adjustments because of pain on the low back- I've never had that problem and that's what I think the other chiropractor thought- nice guy but just assumed he knew exactly what was wrong) and is working on it for me. It's amazing.
8. We knew Grant was going to be a boy....we are waiting for a surprise with this one! It has been SO fun not knowing- even though everyone thinks we're weird- but once you get over that it's so much fun. I mean you are excited for a new baby (baby boy or baby girl= pretty much a pooping, eating, little helpless thing that cuddles all day long and melts your heart in the process of not sleeping at all) and just having a little mystery makes something to really look forward to. Birth isn't something that I will probably ever just look forward to (I guess who knows right?) but having something on that day that will be fun to discover just makes me look forward to it a little more. I can't wait!!! (Well, obviously I can, but you know what I mean)
9. I was very sick the first trimester with both. I don't lose a lot of food I eat (hardly ever actually vomit) but I have a very strong food aversion and nausea that lasts All. Day. Long. I did better though this time about actually forcing myself to eat things. The first time I had help from my mom but this time we were keeping it a surprise until after 12 weeks so I had to make myself eat things and I think I did okay. I am hoping that some of this nutrition stuff I'm learning about will help with the next pregnancy (a lot of women are low on good salt...who knew? And that contributes to nausea).
10. I did HypnoBabies during my first pregnancy....this one, yes I listen to some of the relaxation scripts but mostly I am hoping to hire a doula and really use some more support and suggestions for trying different positions/massage/oils/water- things that I know calm me down. I am planning on listening to the birthing scripts but I am thinking this time will be less about doing everything "right" and just going with how I feel and see if I can keep going with all this help and changing things up. I would really love to experience a natural birth but it has to be done right...if I am freaking out and just suffering, then I will get some sort of pain relief....however, if I'm trying different things, and they are working and I'm able to stay calm, I'm going to go for it. So my planning is realllllly different. Plus I know a little about what to expect to feel during contractions and such so I'm not as scared about the laboring part and I know my body can birth a baby, which is comforting....I'm still a little nervous about FEELing everything since I got the epidural in transition last time.
So Which One is the BEST Pregnancy?
Overall, I'm not sure which pregnancy has been "better" because they have both been so different. I definitely prefer being smaller- it's just more comfortable and I fit in my clothes better, etc. etc. But I really like this little to no pain pregnancy much better in regards to my back. I for sure prefer the surprise- I don't think I can ever find out again- it's too fun for me. I loved being able to nap with the first...
I really can't decide which was better because they are just so different. I honestly don't really enjoy the process of being pregnant and growing a baby but the end result is where you go- yah- of course it's worth it. All of it and more would be worth bringing this life here. It's amazing the love you feel for your children and I wonder if part of that has to do with the sacrifices you make for them with your body and emotions and sleep and changing your life for them. It's the most amazing thing and I wouldn't trade it for anything.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment