Monday, January 6, 2014

31 Weeks of Pregnancy


How far along: 31 Weeks
Total weight gain: 30 pounds
Maternity clothes: This picture features probably the last time I will wear my "pregnancy cute shirt" I bought to feel good....booooo. Oh well, two months isn't that long to wait in the grand scheme of things and these shirts will be perfect for AFTER pregnancy while I'm working on the stomach area...so it's all good.
Stretch marks: I found a couple under my belly...I think...I'm actually not quite sure.
Sleep: I hope we'll be getting more now that Jay's in school and the holidays are over.
Best moment of this week: Learning the little one is turned head down! Yay!!!! I just can't believe what a worrier I am so now that's one less thing to worry about;)
Thankful for: Healthy pregnancy thus far. Even though I may not be in as good of shape as I was with the first, I am learning that exercise is clearly important to really feel good. I am going to be making that more of a priority.
Movement: Tons- this babe doesn't kick as much or as hard as G did but it feels like he/she is going to climb right out of my stomach- very strong and forceful limbs sliding around trying to find a way out...
Food cravings: grapefruit. Yummy yummy yummy.
Anything making you queasy or sick: I am getting a little more heartburn lately....
How you feel: How I feel? About what? Well, I do have to admit this week I don't want a natural birth. It just seems like too much work and it just sounds really nice to just have what happened last time...no feeling...just nap and watch a movie and then push and there's the baby! I don't know if I really want to concentrate and focus and breathe and go through all those emotions and doubts and feeling everything. I don't know....I did not expect to feel that way but maybe that's just because of this week? Maybe I'll change again?
Gender: Let's guess boy this week because I need to start thinking of boy names just in case it is a boy. We have one name we like but I really want a few to choose from to see and hold the baby and feel what he most looks like/seems like.
Labor signs: My joints are getting looser- I can feel that when I'm sleeping on my side- I need to start putting a pillow between my legs to help them from pulling down.
Belly button in or out: out.
Wedding rings on or off: off.
Exercise and preparation for birth: So my family lent me a DDR pad so I'm going to start dancing! Yay! And G and I now go for walks to a place where I let him run around. I have to walk at least 15 minutes is the new rule while I push him in the stroller, then I will let him play at a park (we bundle up really good) and then it's 15 minutes back at a brisk walk. My goal is a daily jaunt but I'm also fine if it ends up being every other day at this point as I'm kind of easing into exercising for me- our walks beforehand have always been for G- he sets the pace etc. so this is going to be really good for me I think.
Happy or moody most of the time: Blah. I don't like answering this question honestly sometimes- I am moody moody monster mom- I mean I think I keep it together pretty good then all of a sudden out of nowhere there's tears and moping and non-motivation to do things but I hope exercising will help with this. I am hopeful.
Looking forward to: Meeting Brenda tomorrow- the doula in training- finally I am meeting her so we'll see what happens....as in we'll see if she still wants to come if I am going back and forth on going natural.

2 comments:

  1. ugh heartburn! i would get some tums or whatever. i didn't use them with quincey, because i would just stop eating at 8, go to bed about 10 and be super hungry in the morning, but no heartburn! with carlee......i should have gotten something, since all the other tricks didn't work. but i always forgot when i was at the store....good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I just have to stop eating at a certain time and it's sooooo much better for sleeping. It hasn't been as bad as with Grant's pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete