Friday, November 1, 2013

21 Weeks of Pregnancy


How far along: 21 Weeks
Total weight gain: 13 lbs
Maternity clothes: love 'em
Stretch marks: You guys, they are totally gone- I don't see them anymore. I love you coconut oil!
Sleep: I can't get enough of it. Jay let me sleep in today until 10! I love fridays.
Best moment of this week: Jay felt the baby kick! And hard! She's getting stronger.
Miss anything: Yah, actually, but today as I was rocking Grant to sleep he didn't want "Eye-die-dee-die" he wanted "Prayer" so I said about 3 prayers before he fell asleep, which was actually awesome because it made me really think today what am I grateful for? I am grateful I can carry my own babies. I love knowing that my body can do that and I know everything that I miss will soon be forgotten as I get to know this new little one.
Movement: Tons! I love feeling the kicking- So she kicks whenever I eat-anything- even snacks. I absolutely love feeling that.
Food cravings: Sugar. Good thing I'm really having to work at that or I might be all over that.
Anything making you queasy or sick: You know I was looking over Grant's pregnancy and realized water was really hard for me- hallelujah it's not for me with this one- or at least not yet- but I am enjoying drinking plenty of water.
Gender: I'm still guessing girl this week. I've had a few spiritual experiences that make me think this will be a girl- but if not, I feel strongly I will have a girl someday.
Labor signs: I have experienced Braxton hicks! I now realize I never had them with Grant's pregnancy. I felt a lot of stretching and muscles cramping up when I walk but this was different and I was almost scared because it did kind of feel like I was in labor and I've had a few friends go into early labor so I was worried- but I rested and they went away so that was weird!
Belly button in or out: Okay, this is kind of funny and maybe you really don't want to know the details of my belly button but it goes in like it's going to be an inny then it curves back out. So it's not really popping out yet, it's in but sticking out- does that make sense? It's strange.
Wedding rings on or off: On!
Exercise and preparation for birth: Yesterday I got the workout of my life. We walked so far! I thought I was going to die. I was so tired and my feet literally were throbbing by the time I got home. I think Sushila was happy about it though because she knows that walking is good for pregnancy and I told her we should walk more so I can get in shape! I hope we can, even when it snows.
Happy or moody most of the time: Happy. Just tired. But happy. Actually the doctor's office called today saying I was low in iron but it wasn't from not getting enough in my diet? What? So that makes me think somehow my body just isn't absorbing it enough or something- they said they would call back- but now I'm going to make sure I'm getting some vitamin C in my diet and see if that helps me absorb the iron because I know being anemic makes you so tired. Hopefully we can get that straightened out and I can function like a normal person (as in a normal pregnant lady).
Looking forward to: Holding my baby. I am really excited to cuddle with a newborn. And really looking forward to taking advantage of wraps so I can see how much I can do if I just carry the baby around with me. I know I have a ways to go before this day but that's what I am really looking forward to.

1 comment:

  1. you were RIGHT on, expecting a girl! im 21 weeks, expecting twins, beautiful pregnancy, NO SYMPTOMS! BOYS! anywho we both got 2, right? =)

    & you have a beautiful family! <3

    ReplyDelete