Sunday, November 10, 2013

Story of Baby #2

Once upon a time Jay and I were very confused in life and unsure about a lot of things.
We were in a situation that isn't ideal for doing much of really anything- survival mode is what I like to call it.
We were just about to move to a new town so Jay could finish school and any change is stressful. Big changes...

That's where faith and a lot of prayer come into action.
I saw miracles happen in my life- wonderful things I never could have imagined.

And then we knew we wanted another baby.

The big question was when?

Of course after we move and get settled.
And of course we must wait until we have a secure job and know we can afford another baby.
Maybe we should just stay close to my parents so my mom can help with the first trimester (remember my pregnancy with Grant- so sick- my mom saved us because I really couldn't handle food).
Let's make sure Jay can be home with me and help with dinners during the first trimester even- that would be good to plan on.
Oh and what about Grant? Is he old enough to have a sibling? He's still so little and needs so much attention- can I handle having another one?

I thought once you started your family, that you would just know naturally and easily when the next baby was to join your family. Maybe it's because we are a student family and finances really do have a big part to play in our decision...Well, there were just so many questions and so many thoughts as I'm sure many people go through when they start a family or question whether or not it's the right time to have another baby.

This is what happened:
We prayed.
And received an answer that we were not expecting: not to wait.
We both knew it and we both felt it was right even though we had no idea how this was going to work out.

So here I was, pregnant and so sick. We were moving.
Things weren't perfect- we ate kind of poorly, I could barely help with packing- Jay was still working.

But it seems as if everything worked exactly how it was supposed to.

We moved,
Jay was home as he signed up for classes and started looking for a job.
Classes started and I started feeling better (around 14 weeks).
Jay got a job as nausea totally subsided (16 weeks). How did this work? How? I was able to have Jay help with things until almost exactly when I started feeling better again.
And even though it looks as if we have to use medicaid again, I am so grateful.
Grateful that even though it's not what we wanted to happen for paying for the baby, that I got an amazing doctor who is respectful of natural childbirth and supports this endeavor that I have.
Grateful that we didn't wait, grateful that I had help from Jay, even in the midst of moving, and that he got a job right after I started feeling better.

And every time I think it might not work or get scared or fearful, I remember that prompting and I know that somehow this little one is supposed to come right now and so far things have worked out just fine. There is a plan and Heavenly Father makes things work when we put our faith and trust in him.

No comments:

Post a Comment