My mom called and asked how old I was turning...
uh....
Is it 24?
Does this happen every year? I seriously never know. I just don't think about it anymore-
I was talking to Nicole and we agreed that from 15 to 21ish, every year is HUGE- then after you are married and start having kids it just kind of meshes together.
So my mom and I did some math and figured it out: 25!! I was in disbelief. Why do we even have to talk about age? Come on- birthdays are for splurging on a couple of gifts maybe and eating cake right?
Well, anyway I guess I have to start practicing right now that next year I will be 26. I feel as if I am changing my name every year. What is your name this year? It's part of me anyway and it just feels weird to change it- I know it happens to everyone but really- it's just so foreign having it be a way to describe yourself and changing that. I don't mind changing my favorite color- I wonder why it's been so hard with the age thing?
Okay, I am done with my rant.
So Jay got home from work at 10 on Thursday and we prepared some food for the next day so I would just have to stick it in the oven! Yay! Check.
Birthday morning I woke up to the most beautiful snow falling out the window. Then as I opened my present (The Michale Buble CD) and put it in the CD player, something happened. It looked and felt so magical. The snow falling with Micheal's voice resonating throughout the house (and I'm sure the neighbors could hear the magic too- it was pretty loud but it was my birthday so I thought it was okay one day to blast it).
Also, my in-laws gave me spending money to spend on me! And guess what arrived on my birthday? Exactly what I wanted:
![]() |
| AHHHH!!!! I now own the best movie on earth!!!!! |
We ate amazing German pancakes with an apple pie filling that Jay prepared. Then we got all bundled up and headed outside. Jay asked if I wanted to take a picture- no way! I wanted to eat it, it looked way to good to pause for that!
The snow was PERFECT snow-man making snow. Grant's first play in the snow that he understands a little what's going on;)
| Say "cheese". I love this face. |
| Off for a ride in the sled! |
| Total face-plant! |
| Not too sure about going back on that thing.... |
| Jay's finished snow man. |
I wasn't looking forward to spending the evening alone on my birthday since Jay has to work late and I got the best surprise! My family drove down to see me! They brought pizza (again- no cooking!) cake and ice cream and had fun dancing with Grant for a while.
Grant saw Grandpa's Dr. Pepper and kept taking breaks to do this:
![]() |
| My mom hates that my dad drinks the stuff but she thought this was hilarious. |

.jpg)

So glad it was such a happy birthday! Loved watching the videos. Excited to see you guys next week!!!
ReplyDelete