Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Happy 6 Months!!!

Have you ever read:
Love You Forever?

I cannot get through this book without bawling my eyes out.

 Mr. G sits and listens to me read this book I think because he is just wondering why my voice sounds so funny. He solemnly sits there and contemplates the meaning of my voice cracking .


And the mom is so creepy sneaking into her grown up son's house and picking him up! I laugh through tears and sobs.

I can't believe he is growing up but he will always be my baby. Forever.
It's been 6 months. How they have flown. Some days drag by, but my, 6 months is gone in a flash.
Rockstar
Too cool with his hat backwards


Adore

Laugh

Drool

Yelling


Cheeks




Stats: 22 pounds 13 oz
Diapers: Size 5
Clothing: 12 to 18 month clothing. I can squeeze him into some 9 month sweat pants but that's pretty much it.

Things I don't want to forget:

1. Flinging arms. Wam. Bam. All over, all the time- whacking around whatever is in his hands-sometimes getting his face -ouch.

















2. He is starting to jump a little in his johnny jump-up!!!!  it's usually one leg at a time so he goes all skiwhampus.
























3. We are starting to give him a little bit of whatever we are eating during breakfast and dinner. He's tried: pineapple, apples, oranges, tomatoes and an avocado, cooked carrot, bread, mandarin oranges, celery, applesauce, and he LOVES drinking out of a cup. I'll give him sip a tiny bit of water or pump some milk for him sip! It is seriously his favorite thing to do.


Mine!!!

4. Making more sounds- he hasn't said "more" since that nap incident but now when he wants me or milk or more milk (which kind of is all the same thing to him probably) he says, "mmmmmmmmm".
and
october 28th when he was making that noise, I encouraged him to add some to the "mmm" noise and he said "mama"!!!

 When I blow bubbles while saying the name to him he says, "Ba ba ba ba".

Folks, I'm not sure if he knows what he is doing but after he said "more" as clear as daylight I can't help but think he does know exactly what he is saying. November 6th: he says "mama" when he wants milk.  My little sister babysat and he cried and said, "mama". I think he knows he gets me or milk when he says that.

5. Salt-shaker. This is how I get him to sleep. Rock back in the chair, then when the rocking motion brings us forward I lift gently and jiggle him a bit. Then back in the chair, forward with the "salt-shaker". It is magic. He usually calms right down and goes to sleep.

Here's some favorites as of late:

1.Growl talking! Its a deep gravely voice. Seriously he growls and moves his mouth around like he's talking. It's hilarious. I need to get a video of him doing it and put it up here-your grumpy old neighbor who hasn't smiled since 1969 would laugh, trust me.
Also, when he babbles sometimes he just gets very serious and blinks while scrunching his eyebrows together and raises them as he inflects his voice. Sooooo funny. I've never laughed so much in my life.
Here's a video Jay sneakily got of this:


2.  He is sleeping better and better. I don't think he really eats very much at night and the 5 am poop tradition has pretty much stopped. I can count on him pooping sometime at night but when it's earlier than 5 I can get him to sleep much easier so thank goodness!
4.  He always has a smile for mamma. I know he adores me which just makes me feels so special and glad that I work so hard. It makes it all sooooooooo worth it. He adores Jay too. Really really adores him.
5. He has 3 books that he will sit through the whole thing:
Peek-a-Boo
(he loves the asian yawning in that book- he laughs almost every time we get to that part)
Smiley Shark
(I animate it for him-I'm usually entertained myself)
The Very Hungry Caterpillar
(he doesn't laugh or giggle but he will usually sit through it)
All the other books are just hit and miss- usually only getting through a couple of pages. I'm just happy right now that he will even sit through any book at all. So yay for that! I'll let you know when I go insane from reading 3 books over and over again.



Dear Grant,
You are wonderful you know that?
So, so wonderful.
Thank you for your genuine smile and your bright adoring eyes. You make your daddy and I laugh so hard.
You are 6 months old and I can just tell you aren't growing as fast as you want to grow- you see us doing things and you just wish you could do them too! So start rolling buddy! Maybe you will crawl and never roll I don't know but you have other tricks like face-diving that get you closer to objects that are out of reach. And you've learned to gracefully face-dive on your mat on the tile floor.
When I first imagined holding you in my arms, when I first imagined anything you would say to me I heard in my mind's ear, "I am going to make you a better person". Well, I can feel it. You really are going to help me, as a person, learn so much. I am already learning so much.
I know the process has been rough at times but it has been an absolute joy to be the one who gets to hold you when you are sad or sick or laugh with you when you learn something new.
You are worth so much to me and to your dad and we are looking forward to the many adventures we have in store with you.
I love you and will always love you my baby boy. Thank you for coming to us and letting us learn to care for a little baby on you! I love you.

 Love, "Mmmmmmm"

P.S. You have the best laugh.




No comments:

Post a Comment