| Talking to momma |
Stats: 21 pounds, 6 ounces
27 inches long
Clothing size: I just bought him a couple of shirts that are 18 months and 2T. We have to roll up the long sleeves but the body fits nicely.
Updates:
He is growing out of his infant carseat! We are going to try getting a convertible one coming up here in the next week hopefully. Seriously didn't think I would run into this problem so soon.
His bottom two teeth cut through!!!! Oh my goodness, his smile was already cute and I was like "uh-uh it is not going to ever get cuter than that gumminess" but I gotta say I love those two little teeth. We have been trying "all natural" ways of dealing with the pain- my finger massaging his gums works really wll- it hurts for a minute but after I'm done, he seems to calm down really fast- within 10 minutes. Frozen breast milk seems to be the fave though- I put it in muslin cloth and crush it up and he sucks on the cloth and he already likes milk so having it cold I think helps numb it up. I don't know though- I'm going to have to find some more ideas because I think there are some more here that are coming soon- we woke up every hour last night to crying baby. Like I said though, just massaging them and frozen milk seem to be helping within 10 minutes so I'm going to keep on doing that along with trying other things.
| He does a lot with his lips now- *SMACK!* and sucking them into his mouth. |
Here is the "Wha, wha, what" part of my post title:
You are not going to believe this. I almost don't believe it as I'm sitting here typing this. But I knew it in the moment and I knew that baby G knew it and I just can't pretend like it didn't happen:
So...I've been teaching G some sign language: "Milk", "More", and "All Done" along with some other random ones that I learn that I think could be useful to him. Anyway so usually he is nursing on only one side and I always offer the other side, saying "More?" and signing it to him. When he refuses (which he almost always does) I say, "Okay, all done" with the sign to that.
Now because he's been teething I have been letting him nurse to sleep. So on October 12th, 2012, Friday of last week, I was nursing him to sleep. I kept trying to sneakily unlatch him and did a couple of times only to have him root for more comfort. Okay, I thought, he needs it probably because of his poor gums hurting. But on the third time unlatching him I thought he just needs to go to sleep so I put the comfort away. He starts rooting and realizes there is clothing in between his mouth and the comfort he is seeking. Immediately he opens his, what I thought, sleepy eyes, locks his eyes to mine and makes a noise, a noise that he is clearly trying to convey a message to me. It was a simple, clear noise that actually sounded, as clear as daylight, like the word "More."
Shock, bewilderment, amazement, confusion and disbelief. Did he just say...how did he... his first word?...no...
All I can do is act. I take it back out again and stare down at my baby that just talked to me. Not only did he say a word that meant what he wanted, but he said it in such a manner to remove any doubt I would have had that it was just a coincidence Just have it. I just rocked and let this process. He said it. He said more. I can't believe that was his first word.
Genius baby.
| With my beautiful Grandmother |
So other than my baby looks like a 1 year old and is already talking to me like he's a little person and has teeth and everything, he isn't walking yet- no worries. He hasn't started solids although I let him try a banana and a pinapple one day which he LOVED but I'm reading this book about Baby Led Weaning which I absolutely love and the thing I am waiting for is him to reach out for the food- I'm so impatient- I just want him to discover all these amazing flavors- which I guess he gets flavors from my milk but I don't know I'm just so excited about it.
| He's not jumping yet, but he's getting that he can turn and move around in the johnny jumpup |
| Yes, his hair is still sticking up like that. It's his trademark. |
Rolling over more consistently now. One time I put him down and immediately over he goes. From front to back. He's tried from back to front but those chubby legs look heavy to lift ha ha.
My cousin swore by 'Sophie the giraffe' for teething issues. She researched and found it was made from natural rubber so felt happy about giving it to her baby (she was trying to stick to natural stuff also).
ReplyDeleteSweet! I need to look into that. Thanks Abi!
ReplyDelete