Saturday, October 27, 2012

"Cute Bum"

Our friend's little girl the other week said that when we were changing his diaper and we just laugh and laugh about it. Now whenever we change his diaper, we say it in a high pitched little voice- it's just so funny to us.

It has been the cutest thing seeing all these young kids adore our baby. It has surprised me, however, that most of these children are little boys around the ages of 8-12.

I remember visiting my friend's family and her little brother spying on baby G and whispering to his parents how cute he was and that he wanted to look closer. So his dad would bring him over to me and the baby and the little boy would just stare shyly but then they would walk away and the boy would say things like, "I hope I have a baby as cute as THAT ONE".

Then, when we taught primary we had one boy in our class, One rowdy, crazy shoot-pretend-guns-while-laughing-hysterically-hide-under-chair-when-can-we-play-games kind of boy. Yah, one of those boys. When I let the kids take turns holding the baby and his turn came, he sat there and stared at the baby and held him so gently and lovingly. He was so sweet- I couldn't believe the transformation this baby had on this boy.

Randomly, in church most often, some young boy will come up to the baby. It's not little girls, it's the little boys. They come up and say something to the effect of, "He's so cute" then just stand there....staring. It's really sweet that these young boys are drawn to a little baby though- makes me think that boys are more nurturing by nature than we give them credit for.

Well, last sunday was our second week in our new ward and we sat next to a little 12 year old boy. He was making funny faces at baby and then let him have his pencil (yikes- I saved both G's eyeballs from being poked out by himself), then this little boy drew a picture. I asked him what he was going to do with this awesome picture and he shrugged his shoulders and I practically begged him to keep it. I love it so much- it captures everything so perfectly:


He's got the chubby cheeks, two front teeth, hair sticking straight up, awesome eyebrows- everything. I love this picture so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment