Grant Ray Jensen.
Did I mention that is the name we chose for our baby?
We have great reasons too:
1. Heber J. Grant! (Whenever I want to get inspired I think of President Grant)
2. Grant is not a hugely over popular name.
3. It's a very simple name that you can't really shorten- it's just one syllable.
4. Easy to pronounce- not one of these names that you wonder if the teacher will ever get right in school.
5. It means "Tall, Great". Awesome- I know he will be great and it's very likely he will be tall (he has huge feet and hands and has long limbs like Jay did when he was a baby).6. Our nickname Jay and I dreamed about calling him while he plays sports: "G-Ray"-so perfect right?
7. Jay and I have been calling him Grant ever since we started taking our childbirth preparations class- so we are very used to the name.
8. It is the name on his birth certificate and now his social security application.
9. It does fit him: he looks great as a Grant.
10. I have a very specific vision of what my son will be, being called "Grant". He is sweet, humble, has a twinkle in his eye and easily laughs, doesn't need to be the center of attention and loves everyone. I picture him quiet but likable. Tall and friendly. All very positive things that I would want my son to be.
So why-
Why do hesitate to call him Grant?
I fear I may have namer's remorse.
This is the name he will be known by for the rest of his life and although there are so many good reasons to keep the name I'm starting to really wonder if we should. I don't know why- I don't really have a good explanation as to why I want to change the name other than this:
A name change may be on the way, but what name?
Maybe I'll keep it. Why am I so indecisive? Argh. I thought this is when you look at the baby and call him the name and it just is perfect. Maybe it's just because I'm a perfectionist and think about things way too much.
nancy told me that she wishes that she named all her kids their middle name. well, if you change his name, be prepared for the work you will have to do to change it on the paperwork. you could also call him by this other name and leave his name as grant on paper.
ReplyDeleteI love his name it fits his little face:)I especially like his last name:)
ReplyDelete