He came on such a special day-early! I am so grateful he is healthy. He would have been born today (May 31st) and it's so weird because he is 2.5 weeks old and a whole pound and 2 ounces heavier than his birth weight.
| He loves sleeping on mommy |
| This is his signature face: puckered lips- he does this often |
He had a little trouble breathing so they had to take him away and monitor him that first hour- Jay stayed with him during that time and I just held my breath, waiting for them to bring him back to me. When they finally did, I couldn't stop staring at the perfection of this child, my child; the one who had been inside of me growing and kicking my ribs and hiccuping everyday. You know it's the baby that was inside of you but then randomly I would feel something (maybe a gas bubble, maybe my uterus contracting and getting smaller) and I would think I was pregnant and holding my baby and would have to correct myself and say, "I'm not pregnant- the baby is out- in my arms!"
I think the thing that surprised me the most was Jay. I haven't really talked about his feelings on the baby during the pregnancy because honestly, he just did things because I wanted him to. He would act annoyed if I put his hand on my belly to feel the baby kick because it would usually take longer than one whole second. Then he would talk about plans for the summer and buying a truck that wouldn't fit a car-seat and I was trying to be understanding that it is a big adjustment and that he was probably just nervous and didn't want to feel like our relationship would change and that we could still do stuff together. I will tell you it was hard for me though because I would get so excited every time I would feel our little guy move or hiccup and it's all I could think about and talk about and to have your spouse feel kind of the opposite was hard for me.
BUT
Now that the baby is here I can say that I have never seen Jay so happy and excited and loving towards a little baby. He is so sweet and cute and he doesn't care about going all these places this summer and he says he will never buy a vehicle that wouldn't fit our little bundle. Jay actually said he was crazy for even thinking about buying a vehicle that wouldn't fit our bambino. He is the most loving dad I have ever seen. He loves our kid and tears up just like me when looking at him. I know he feels so much love for the baby and am so happy he is the father of my child. I guess some people are right that the loving and parenting begin for the mom once she sees the positive sign on the stick and then for the dad it begins once setting eyes on the baby and holding him for the first time.
| Father and son: such perfect love |
| We are so blessed with this angel. I don't know how my heart hasn't exploded from love for this tiny human. |
| He is so sweet. Oh how I love him and his hair! |
Coming up:
-Birth story- in detail.
-Weeks 37-40;)
-First weeks with my little monkey- sleeping (or lack thereof), diapers, breast-feeding.
yes! i'm glad that you have made it back to the internet. i love every picture. on the last one, i can imagine some projectile spit up coming out... i'm looking forward to your next posts. i'm glad that grant is happy and healthy and that you are doing well.
ReplyDeleteHa ha, ya when that picture was taken, he never spit up- in fact he didn't spit up for like 3 weeks and now, now I get the projectile vomit- and the vomit down the shirt and the vomit in the hair- it's everywhere!
Deletewhat a cutie Aubrey! glad all went well. excited for future posts :)
ReplyDeleteHe is and yes, it all went so well- I'm excited to tell about it because I want a positive birth story out there- it really was such an awesome experience.
DeleteAubrey, he is so precious. What a little treasure! I can't wait to meet him. Congratulations again and again to you and Jay.
ReplyDeleteYes! You can come meet him anytime; we would love it!
DeleteCongratulations! I can't believe you have a baby. Why did you girls grow up when I left!?!?
ReplyDeleteThanks Brittany! Time has sure flown by hasn't it?! Your kiddos are getting so big- I remember babysitting Andy for you when she was a baby and running the fan recording to get her to sleep- I might be needing to try something like that to get my baby sleeping soundly on his own.
DeleteCongratulations! He is a perfect baby. What a fun post and what fun pictures. I am so happy for you!!!! :)
ReplyDeletePh my goodness he is adorable!!! Congrats again im glad it went well
ReplyDelete