I kept wanting to take a picture but I never really felt very good this week-I will post one from when I forced myself to get ready for my baby shower.
Month: 8
Total Weight Gain: 36 pounds
Symptoms: ankles, hands and feet swollen a lot, still got heartburn, I have to wake up and pee like 3-4 times a night.
May 4th: I always laughed at those pregnant ladies who said they were, "done" with being pregnant- I would always think, "But you've been pregnant for how long? Like 37 weeks and you only have a few more? How hard can it really be? It's not that much longer"!!
Now I laugh because....I get it. Okay. I get it. I want the baby out. How can I get any bigger than this?
May 5th: my belly matches a watermelon-like EXactly. We compared- now I want a shirt with a watermelon on it!!!! I need one of these maybe:
![]() |
| Love it! |
![]() |
| Common joke |
![]() |
| Can I give one to my baby?!!! ha ha |
![]() |
| Ninja Baby |
May 8th: Nearly sleepless night-probably got 3 hours or so- I was so sick: throat, head, congested, nauseous-yuck. Did I ever tell you I have the best husband in the world? He stayed up with me and massaged my head while we watched a movie together. And he still had to go to work today! I guess I'm training him for sleepless nights with a baby;)
May 9th: I dreamed a couple of weeks ago that I had my baby today! I went to my baby appointment in the morning and had the Strept B test and they checked to see how dilated/effaced I was and I am 2.5cm and 90% effaced! I googled to see what that meant for other people and most people said within the next few days not to be surprised if the baby comes. Then my neighbor said she was 100% effaced, 4 cm dilated for 3 weeks with each of her kids so who really knows what that means for me personally. But-I am very excited that my body is getting ready!!!! Oh I also had them check my iron levels (I have been eating more iron rich foods and drinking veggie juice, not taking the pills) and they said I am normal! Yipee!!!! Really glad I didn't have to take the iron pills and could just eat different things to help my body get that iron.
Also, my baby shower was today! Amanda and Chelsie and Christina are so awesome for pulling that together- it was so cute and I am so blessed to have people give me things that I need. I got some cute outfits and a baby-carrier and toys and diapers!!!! I think I might have been the most excited about the diapers! ha ha. My favorite gift was from Lynette who drove out from Erda to come to my shower (she is the coolest pretty much). It was a onsie with a cute little saying on it:
I laughed pretty hard at that one- Thanks Lynette!!!





No comments:
Post a Comment