Thursday, June 14, 2012

38 weeks

Post for the week of May 17th.
I had the baby! 2 and a 1/2 weeks early!!!


But, Jay said I was planning on having the baby at 40+ weeks so I should keep taking my weekly pregnancy photos to see if the baby is as big as the the fruit/vegetable that he is compared to that week for his growth.

This week he is as long as a leek! (looks like he is a bit longer).





You can see how he fit when he's all curled up.
He is so tiny. My mini-human!
Stats: Baby is as long as a leek.
Total Weight gain: down 20 lbs after birth!

May 12th: I felt really sick a couple of days ago and last night I was nesting- all of a sudden-out of nowhere- I just got all this energy and started doing all this stuff that I've been wanting to do for a few weeks- just BAM. Done. All day today though I've been just feeling like sitting and resting. I feel a lot more pressure in the pelvis though and wonder if it could be close.

May 13th: I was closer than I thought! I am a mother on mother's day! What a perfect day and smooth delivery. I have never felt so much love for a living tiny person in my life. Jay and I both burst into tears whenever we look at him and how perfect he is. He is ours and we couldn't be happier.

May 14th: Just getting spoiled at the hospital- (American Fork hospital rocks!) Just pick up the phone whenever I need anything.  Getting to know little Grant- the nurses keep coming in saying they will take him to the nursery to I can get some sleep and I just don't even know what to say- how can I part from this tiny precious person that I carried for 37.5 weeks? There is no way I am sending him away. I smile and say thanks but inside ask how could that even be possible? I just stare in wonder at his little fingers and toes and eyebrows and eyes and elbows. How could a little person grow inside me and here he is so perfect?! I am amazed at my body and that it was able to carry this precious cargo.

May 15th: My family came and visited (well, they were here as I was delivering the placenta) but anyway my little sister Bethany laughs at my belly because I still look about 6 months pregnant. Going home from the hospital- good thing we installed that car-seat a few days ago! haha. I have to sit in the back by baby and people smile on the road when they see why an adult is sitting in the backseat of the car.

May 16th: Breastfeeding is a little more complicated than I thought. Baby latches but then I have so many questions on if he is eating enough and when do I switch- am I supposed to switch? Which boob did I feed off of last? Good think Nicole gave me a nifty bracelet to keep track or I would be totally lost.

May 17th: Still can't get over the perfection of my child. Visitors fall in love instantly and I can't blame them. He is the sweetest baby in the whole world. And the cutest and I just can't believe he's here and he's all mine.


*So this is just a jot-down note taking of those days-there will definitely be more to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment