Saturday, November 5, 2011

Grandma Saves the Day!

As I flipped the french toast, I knew something wasn't right. Why is it so warm in here?

"I think I'll sit down a minute" I murmured.

Grandma was busy cutting some vegetables for her lunch. Funny that our meals finally matched up today- Jay and my breakfast and her lunch. We stayed out late for the third weekend in a row so we slept in on our Saturday.

"Are you feeling ok?" Grandma looked over, a worried expression crossing her brow.

"I think so, I just feel a little light-headed."

No big deal, just sit down and I'll feel better. Oh wait, I need to get that french toast off the pan on the stove top or it's going to burn. I feel so hot. Maybe I should wait till I feel better.

......

The next thing I remember is my grandma's face above me, blurry and I can barely hear her- you know just like in the movies- she's asking me if I'm okay. She says some more things and tells me to stay there.

I am on the ground, I see that. I'm by the stove and the sink. How did I get there? Why am I on the floor? I don't remember coming over here at all.

Jay's there and I'm finally starting to understand what must have happened, it was all so surreal. I'd never fainted before, I had no idea it would be like that.

We laugh and joke about it a little and tell our different accounts of the event.

My grandma, eyes wide, says, "You started wobbling and you went limp started falling and luckily I was there to catch you and make sure your head didn't hit the stove- you were falling towards the stove- and then I lowered you to the floor as far as I could and you fell a little bit of the way!"

Yes, thank goodness! Can you believe that? I just didn't think it would actually happen- but now I know some symptoms that I will not ignore if I ever encounter these in the future:
1. Feeling light-headed
2. Feeling really warm all of a sudden
3. Sound starting to be muffled

Kind of cool that I fainted for my first time right? I don't know why I think that's cool except for the fact that nobody got hurt and it wasn't something that's happened before or something that you even see everyday, let alone experience. Except now I'm paranoid about doing things like taking a shower now...

So have you ever fainted before? What was it like? Similar to my experience, like the movies? What happened? I'm really curious now.







No comments:

Post a Comment