Thursday, February 20, 2014

37 Weeks of Pregnancy

Journal

Feb. 12th:
Busy day today- 36 week check-up and I was curious to know my numbers so we checked and I'm at 3.5, almost 4 cm dilated, 70% effaced with a "favorable" cervix at an 8 out of 10. That was comforting to find out just because I really have felt things happening and it's just fun to know that you didn't make it up- that in fact, things are happening.
Then, I signed up for the fire department's program to teach you how to properly install a car seat and car seat safety and you end up getting a brand new car seat for pretty cheap- we got 2- one for Grant and one for the new babe. They are humongous. We looked up reviews and mostly that was the only thing people complained about: the size. You can see them Here on Amazon. So we might possibly be really serious about getting a van sometime here in the future....hopefully we will be able to sell our car and get some tax refunds!!! That's the plan anyway.Well, Jay actually went and picked up the car seats with Grant while I started on my freezer meals!
I made beef enchiladas and had to have 4 to serve a family of 4 each. It was kind of a lot of food. I accidentally made an extra one! ha ha so now I have 1 to eat and 1 for my freezer. The other ladies made delicious food which I am excited about too: bean and ham soup with rolls!, homemade spaghetti sauce, and some sort of chicken mixture to go with naan bread. Totally felt like Christmas getting these yummy meals. We are going to HAVE to do another swap soon!

Feb. 13th:
Started feeling sick: nauseous, headache, sooooo tired. So I napped with Grant and nothing and I went to bed with Grant at 8:00 or 8:30 and woke up a ton at night- I just couldn't get comfortable and had to pee and just felt terrible- still not as bad as with G's pregnancy but it was miserable.

Feb. 14th:
Woke up still feeling sick and a little worried because I don't remember this happening last pregnancy but for some reason I have an increase in watery fluid? I kept thinking maybe I was leaking amniotic fluid and I called a few people: my doctor, my mom, and my doula who each said to just keep watching it and if I'm worried go in and get it tested. I ended up praying about it and feeling like I should go take Grant to the park instead of worrying about this. So, we ate at Kneaders for our Valentines/Anniversary Date we are celebrating early since March 13th we might be a little busy with a newborn and adjusting as a family. Jay got me a pressure cooker by the way! I got him some new glasses (he was in dire need of those). So we went out to eat as a family (we like bringing the little guy with us at times- it just felt good to bring him this time- maybe our last time eating out as a family of 3?) to Kneaders (gift card from the Montana Jensens! I love Jay's birthday because that means we usually get a date from those guys- they are the best!) And then we went to the mall and let G run around- It turned out to be a really great day. Oh and turns out I didn't have any more of that happening anymore- it just seemed normal for where I'm at in my pregnancy- so I'm so grateful for personal revelation and prayer so that we could enjoy our day/evening.

Feb. 15th: I think I'm ready to be done being pregnant (at least with this pregnancy....we probably will have another after this...:) ). And not only that but these past few weeks have really been good for me to mentally prepare myself for this new little one coming. I don't think I really will ever be totally prepared but I know I am more excited now- still nervous- but very excited to see my child. This child who will grow and who will have a cute, fun personality like their brother. I just am excited to see those baby eyes lock with mine and know that I helped create a person! It's so weird that I can do that! So neat. So this person will be so new and I get to, with the help of my wonderful husband, love and raise this child- to teach and hug and nourish and tickle and dance with! I am very, very excited to meet him/her.

Feb. 16th:
I am seeing that I need some things for the actual birthing...mood lighting? ha ha- that sounds ridiculous but maybe I would really like it? But guess what I just found out?!!! A secret! One of my friends I've met recently attending a baby-wearing meet-up to learn how to do that (I tried with Grant but I never really felt comfortable or felt like he was so I hope I learn some things), well, she told me that there is a blow up pool they have at the hospital for you to labor in! They just keep it on the down low (well, it would be more work for them, so I don't blame them) but I can just call and ask the head nurse and get my own little labor pool! Ah! GAH! Cool right?

Feb. 17th:
Today I had one of those days where things just weren't working out right. It all started with missing NAP TIME. This is the most important, pivotal, life-changing 1.5-2 hours of the day. We got back late from running errands and I was too tired to put Grant to sleep so I lollygagged around and finally decided to try. By that time, it was just too late- he wasn't going to go to sleep. So then he feel asleep around 6 and I woke him up a 1/2 hour later to eat dinner and he cried his way through that and ate a little bit and then I tried to put him back to sleep after jammies and brushing teeth and a story and he wouldn't GO TO SLEEP! It was the most frustrating thing ever! He is sooooooo tired, yet refusing to sleep. It really had me questioning how in the world I am supposed to help a newborn and my toddler child get enough sleep and food if I am going to get any food or sleep? Today I just think I would have starved and not had sleep if it weren't for Jay being here. He came in after an hour of trying to help Grant get to sleep and Grant went to sleep for him! But today was our last "vacation" day and I know the baby will be here soon  and Jay needs to find a new job (did I mention he got laid off- saddest, best day ever- he hated it so we were both happy about it, but at the same time it is nice to eat so we do actually need some sort of job....)so I was hoping to spend the evening with Jay but he fell asleep too as he was helping Grant fall asleep. So I should go to bed but I'm being bitter about my ruined day and night and looking up movies on youtube. How do moms do this job? I know tomorrow is a new day so I'm going to just go to bed and wake up and try again tomorrow.

Feb. 18th:
I just keep thinking: "Today would be a good day to have a baby- yah, I could do it...I'm going to have to do it sooner or later....but today would be good." I mean the weather is amazing today- sunny skies- it's even kind of warm- I had to take layers off! It feeeeeels sooooo good. I really hope the weather is like this on meeting baby day.

2 comments:

  1. I know what you means about missing a nap. I can get cranky and cross when I don't get a nap. Did I give you several yards of knit when you had grant? Do you still have it? If not, let me know. I think I still have the other half. I can't imagine fitting two car seats like that, RF in your car!

    Good job making to it full term!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously, naps are the best. I think sleep helps everyone feel better-(as I sit here at 5:30 in the morning ha ha- I just had to pee but then I had a couple things I really wanted to look up really quick and noticed your comment)...What do you mean several yards of knit? Like a couple yards of fabric? What was it for?

      Delete