Weight gain? 37 pounds- same as last week.
I didn't get checked last week to see how dilated and effaced I was because I know it really doesn't mean anything blah blah blah. Well, this week I was just curious, even if it doesn't mean anything, it kind of feels like it means something so I just wanted to know:
3.5, almost 4 cm dilated, 70% effaced.
*Fun fact: last pregnancy at 37 weeks I was 2.5 cm dilated and 90% effaced.
I had the baby 3 days later :)
So anyway I'm excited even though we know the baby will come when he/she is ready-
Best news of the week?
I AM STREP B NEGATIVE!!!!!!
Do you know what this means to me? When I got the news from the doctor's office I ran around doing air pumps and jumping? (I don't know what I really was doing maybe half jumping sideways? It's a little awkard to explain seeing as my belly is humongous). And them I'm screaming, "Yay!!!!! This is AWESOME!!! NO WAY!!!" and Grant is watching me from his pooping spot (behind the rocker in the living room- he peeks out one way, then has to duck and peek out the other way to track where I am running to as I'm running from the living room to kitchen. Well I finally calm down and Grant looks at me and says with a solemn face, "More, more."
So I celebrated some more and then got some smiles from the Grantster.
Anyway so what this means to me:
1. One less thing to stress about as I am deciding when to leave for the hospital when my birthing day comes. I was so worried about it- what if I waited too long and for some reason couldn't get the antibiotics through before the baby came? I would be such an irresponsible mom.
1. One less thing to stress about as I am deciding when to leave for the hospital when my birthing day comes. I was so worried about it- what if I waited too long and for some reason couldn't get the antibiotics through before the baby came? I would be such an irresponsible mom.
2. I hated being strapped to the pole, even if it was for only 20 minutes or so- it was sooooo irritating as I hit transition.
3. You all know I've had gut problems and I've been trying so hard to help my candida overgrowth. It's been quite the year experience having this problem and finally feeling like I might be doing some good and then to have to have antibiotics would clean out all the good bacteria I've been working on and leave the candida because they don't die from that. So then I would have had to be SUPER careful about eating anything with sugar again after the baby was born and had to focus on rebuilding my gut bacteria and blah blah blah. I just was really hoping to not have to focus so much on that and focus on the baby and adjusting to life- not all that headache with being soooo careful about food. So Yay! I still need to be somewhat careful but I know if someone brought me cookies I would eat it now.
So, to say the least, this is very exciting news for me. It also means that it will be easier for me to try and do a natural birth because of the factors like staying home longer, not being hooked to a pole etc. So, that's neat too.
Yah, so I officially "hired" my doula (the one who has attended several births but isn't certified so I would just be paying her a small fee...except she even said if it's quick she might just count it as experience and not worry about anything else so....?) Anyway so I'm thinking I am going to see how long I can go without anything and I'm hoping to just get to the hospital and not have time for an epidural so that I am forced to focus and do natural. Ha ha, good plan right? Who knows what will happen if I get there and there is time? I might get it again. And you know? I really do know that a healthy baby is the goal so I am just excited to meet this little one and love baby and hold baby close.
I've pretty much got my hospital bag packed. I think. I just want to print some pictures that inspire me about birth- you know those ones of the new mom holding her new baby in pure bliss right after the baby is born? Those make me cry and I would love to focus on those as I labor.
I think I'll do a post on my hospital bag just for fun :)
Activity for the week? Making comfort pads for after the birth. You mix aloe vera and witch hazel and some lavender essential oil and freeze 'em. I think it sounds really nice for recovery.
Picking up a car seat today! Yay! And I think we are getting one for Grant as well seeing as his is expiring this year. Oh and anyone else who is in our same situation (as in hubs going to school and supporting a family...ha ha...meaning pretty much zero dollars...) there are programs out there that help you get brand new car seats- I'm using the fire station this year and getting a brand new car seat for $35 bucks! How cool is that? And it's a convertible one that goes to toddlerhood. It isn't one of those infant ones you take with you to your shopping cart and carry around- but I'm so good with that because I want to wear the baby anyway everywhere I go so perfect!
And the Freezer Meal Swap is tonight! I'm going to have some meals put together for a weekish and I don't know, I think we're pretty ready for baby....
There is always more organizing to do but my cute mother-in-law said she would help me organize when she comes to help with the baby so that will be AWESOME! I think I made it sort of better with those few days of extra energy but I'm out of that now so there is definitely some work to still do.
Okay baby, it looks like you are coming soon and we can't wait to meet you!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment