Thursday, June 13, 2013

The Flu and a Fire

G had the flu yesterday. I woke up to baby vomit all over me and all over the bed. Bath. Clean. He wants milk- okay? Bad idea. Baby vomit again. This time all over the floor and all over me. Okay. Shower. Then a few not so fun messes in the diaper. Miserable crying baby.

We've all been sick and I'm sure you moms have all had your days of dealing with sickness. I just have to say why I am so grateful:

1. Jay staying home a bit to help me clean up so I could take care of the baby
2. New friend who stopped by with some essential oils to help baby's body heal
3. That G was able to sleep a lot and by 3 or 4 in the afternoon able to keep something down.
4. G didn't get dehydrated
5. I was able to find some coconut water nearby- Good Earth, oh how I love that store
6. I was healthy and able to help G with whatever he needed to help his comfort as we waited for the sickness to pass- what a blessing
7. That he was able to sleep all night pretty much
8. That he was back to his smiling, happy self today




I am so grateful my family is okay and their house is intact. There was a freak fire tonight in their backyard and my dad just called me as I'm writing this and told me they are all okay. I am so grateful for my family and so so happy to hear that their lives are not going to be turned upside down from this fire. I love my family.
http://www.abc4.com/mostpopular/story/Provo-brush-fire/Lyxo0-o5102ge9GT1g3uug.cspx



No comments:

Post a Comment