Thursday, September 27, 2012

4 Months

My Little Man:


Stats: 20 pounds 4 oz, size 4 diapers  Moved up to 6-9 month clothing.

97% length and 99% weight. The doctor looked astonished. He said I must have pure cream. I'm starting to believe it.


Looks:

  • G-man has outgrown his diapers...again. He has been moving up in sizes with each passing month: 2 months= size 2 diapers, 3 months= 3 size diapers. So guess what? 4 months and yes, he is now in size 4 diapers. When is this kid going to start moving? People say he will thin out when that happens but right now he has so much fat how is he supposed to move around all those rolls?!!! ha ha.
  • He is so so chubby. That's what I hear from everyone who meets him. Usually people are correct but some people take it to the next level (my mom's mom) and say "He's FAT!" cause it's true- he is a big boy. He's tall too and I look at him and think he is getting so long. Actually people are starting to skip the "chubby" and go right on to "fat". He is a solid baby. We get a lot of comments on how we've got ourselves a lineman for football (is that even right? I don't know football terms- oh well).

  • It's kind of funny because people always assume he is a girl. They say, "She is beautiful!" Yes- even when he is wearing baby blue and the "baseball" shirts- I think it might be his hair but I get where they are coming from-When they find out he is a little boy, they say, "he is too beautiful to be a boy".  He is beautiful and his skin is still dark! People always ask where he got that amazing skin- I really don't know- Jay's grandpa was dark.... my grandpa is darker- I know I have indian blood in me but really his skin is amazing. 


New Tricks, Milestones and Fun:

  • His new trick to straighten his legs out as you hold his arms bringing him up to sit- but now because his legs are straight, he stands right up. He loves standing up and looks so proud.
  • He is trying to sit up- he uses his abs and looks down towards his feet when he is in a reclined position and just concentrates so hard to move his body- but he stays put- it's just really cute how he does that.


My favorite thing these days?

  • Giggle wars. He will laugh and I will laugh and he will laugh. Then I'll tickle him and he'll just laugh and laugh and laugh.
  • We have a game where I put a blanket over him and pull it off and he loves that too- and I could do that one-handed while I took pictures with the other hand- yay! Some real smiles- he just laughs and laughs. 

I can just hear him squealing in delight when I look at this.





Me:

  • I finally feel like I'm figuring it out- I mean I know I never will have it figured out all the way because every day really is different and he's changing so quickly and I know the next kid will be different but I'm feeling more and more confident in what I am doing and why I am choosing to do things a certain way.

Thoughts:

These past three months, every passing month has been so exciting. I  always am looking forward to the fun things he is going to be able to do (like the peek-a-boo stage! I know that will be fun!) I was looking forward to him being more interactive and moving around more and learning.

This month, however, has me a little sad. Now the "4th trimester" is over and he isn't an infant really- he is becoming a baby. One who wants to talk and move. I can tell when he is on the ground on his belly how badly he wishes he could propel himself forward. He wants to grow up. He is changing everyday.  I want to accept life as it happens though and not look back and lament on how I wish I still had something- I want to be glad for it and enjoy what's happening now.

I was talking with some friends the other week and I remember talking about how I didn't want to look back on this time in my life and think, "I didn't do everything I wanted to do". I know I look back and think that about my high school days (I was so so shy) and how much fun I kind of missed out on because I didn't go for things. And now,with my kids, with my husband, being a wife and mother is a stage in my life that will last awhile and I want to make the most out of every minute. I want to look back with happiness that I remembered to have fun with my little family. That we didn't waste precious time doing things that were actually not that important.

I thought I was going to go back to school after the baby but I know that I want to be here with him. I am fine taking some community classes on the side to continue learning things or taking a few credits here and there but being a mother is a lot of learning. And it is something I want to look back on and know I was putting all of me into it. I want to be here. Now.

Life really is made up of moments. And everyday we get to make the choice if we are going to let moments be angry moments or sad moments or happy moments. What is the moment going to be like after the baby has another poop explosion? Angry moment? Or a moment I choose to laugh about?

1 comment:

  1. Aubrey he's gorgeous!! Growing fast and I'm loving the photos :)

    ReplyDelete