Stats: 18 pounds. Wearing size 3 diapers and 3-6 month clothing.
Looks:
- He is for sure getting fat! He's a fat cute baby with 6 rolls on the sides and a "rubber-band" roll around his ankles and wrists.
- I can't believe it but I think he's getting cuter.
- His eyes are definitely a dark brown. A "root-beer" brown (credit: Nicole)
Milestones and Fun:
- My little G-man is becoming more and more talkative. He is quite the conversationist.
- He definitely has favorites that he only really makes eye contact with.
- Ward is one of those people that he will consistently smile at and talk to.
- He knows his mom and dad and loves us- it is so fun to see that he loves us more than other people- well of course he would right? It's still fun though.
- He reached for a toy 2 days before his 3 month mark: it was a toy with wheels and gears. I don't know if we've just been doing the wrong sorts of toys- not manly enough as Jay would say- that he just looks at and think, "huh, why is that there- okay get that out of my face" kind of thing. But he loves this, as Jay puts it, "man" toy!!!
- We took him in to have a stomach rash looked at (he was fine- the rash was pretty much gone by the time we got to the doctor's) and they weighed him in at 15 lbs 9 oz- Jay said it was 16-9 but I think when you hear 15-9 you automatically think, "almost 16".
- He has been pushing down on his legs for a couple weeks now- he loves it! He looks so proud of himself and swings his arms in circles like he is balancing and gets this really serious look on his face and concentrates on the floor- it is adorable. He is so proud of himself I think.
- He knows how to find his fist and he is proud of that fact.
- He is doing better and better at sleeping 7+ hour stretches.
- We have giggle wars. SO MUCH FUN!!!
People:
- My neighbor said he is the cutest baby she has ever seen and that if our babies are this cute we should have 12.
- At family gatherings everyone wants to hold him and kiss him and they all clamour about how cute he is and it makes me feel really good. I feel loved when someone loves my baby. If only they could see him when he isn't making blank baby looks at them- when he is talking- I think the crowds would go wild.
- I would say that on my mom's side of the family (all my aunts and uncles) think fat babies are the bomb- when they say he's big and chunky and fat they say it very lovingly and excitedly.
Me:
- 3 months and 2 days I finally feel it. That insanity that I hear about when you don't get enough sleep. I've gotten sick the past week and just felt extremely lazy and foggy. It feels like my brain is glitching- like I was talking with Jay about something like what to make for dinner that night or something and randomly I was talking about Big Bird- don't know how that happened-maybe glitching into childhood memories of Sesame Street.
- I am so in love with this little boy.
- I have used up all the memory recording videos of my little man by three months! Time to make a video- I'll put some clips up here that I love.
- I am almost down now to pre-pregnancy weight. My body is completely different though- I wonder if it will be able to get back to the way it was...Time to start exercising!
- I still wonder if I am doing anything right- I had to stop the bed time bath routine because his skin was drying out with that many baths. So now I had to kind of start over.
- I started over again with breastfeeding after there was some blockage (ouch!) I had to feed frequently to get rid of it and now my fat baby thinks that is how often we eat again (unless he's just going through a growth spurt now).
Jay:
- He is the funnest dad ever! He always sings the harvester song and gets Grant to laugh. Every. Time. Even when he is so grumpy. One time I called and told Jay G was grumpy and to sing the song for him and he sang it and guess who smiled. From hearing his dad on the phone. So adorable to watch these two together.
- He is so supportive of everything I discover or want to try. He is 100% willing to do anything I ask when it comes to the baby. I want to try this to help him sleep- okay. I want to do this before bedtime- okay. He is the best husband ever!
- I know little G-man is going to love hanging out with his papa. He is going to be a daddy's boy for sure.


No comments:
Post a Comment