Thursday, July 12, 2012

Week 40

May 30th post- the day before my actual "due date"- I know a little late but I just found the pics!

Weight gain: 6 pounds to lose before I reach pre-prego, the baby just sucks the fat right off! It's awesome.

Estimated Stats: Size of a small watermelon
Actual Stats: at his 2 week appointment on May 30th- 8 pounds 2 ounces! That's a pound and 2 ounces past birth weight! He is seriously packing on the chubs- he looks like a completely different baby. Whoa.

It was the smallest watermelon they had-  good thing he isn't that big- I would have been HUGE.



He would have been born today, May 31st at 8 pounds 2 ounces! (Okay so it could be the fact that my milk is pure cream and he wouldn't have gotten that big, but I wonder if he would have reached that) I can't believe these past weeks have gone so fast.


Here are some facts on the little guy:

-he's so strong and likes showing off his muscles- he will pose with one arm above his head and the other stretched out to show how big he is.
-I think we are keeping his name Grant Ray and I'm going to call him Ray or Grant or handsome or angel or sweet baby or all of the above.
-his nicknames so far are "Rayfu" and "G-Ray". Who knows what will stick?
-he still poops and pees RIGHT when you take his diaper off to change him.  I get peed on at least 3 times a day and he ends up with pee in his eye and in his face at least once per day and I now keep towels near the changing table- I'm getting smarter.
-It is a fact that his poop, with the right farting force, can shoot up to three feet away from his butt- at least.
-We love him more than anything in this world.


2 comments:

  1. they say that in the last month or so the baby gains about a pound a week! grant was about 2 weeks early, so he could have been about 9 pounds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What?!! I did not know that. That would have been a big baby boy.

    ReplyDelete