Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Two Years

Whenever someone asks us how long we've been married, Jay replies, "Twenty years" with a little twinkle in his eye.

Sometimes it does feel like we have been together forever and other times it feels like maybe a few months is all. All I know is that things have been difficult at times, there have been tears and misunderstandings and sorrow but every time I look back 2 years ago on that I promised to love Jay Jensen through everything and forever, I am so glad I did.

We have a ways to go but I am so excited that we are starting our family and that we get to build our lives together, starting from really nothing. Sometimes he will turn to me and say, "Argh! I wish we had met five years from now; I would have money, a house, everything ready for us!" All I got to say to that is it has been awesome for me to learn how to budget and really live within and below our means, even if that means we have accepted some help from our parents on the way. We are starting from scratch and sacrificing things so we can have other things. I know we'll have all that stuff (our own house!) soon enough but for now we are enjoying the ride.

We have had two years of learning and growing together and I know we are both better because of the other person. We are best friends and I love that I can have my best friend as my partner in life. We have so many dreams and hopes and faith that through our commitment and love for each other- trusting in God and trusting in each other. I am realizing more and more that the closer we come to know of Christ, the closer we become to each other. It is so easy to become distracted by things that really don't really matter but I know at the end of the day that I have someone who is on my side.


I love Jay. Happy anniversary!








4 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary, you two! I swear it hasn't already been two years since that snowy day up at the Manti temple. I felt so honored to be a part of your wedding party. I love you, Aubs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aubrey, so totally look like your mom in the last picture! did you dress up to go out to lunch? i like that tradition. especially id that means you get to buy something new every year. of course you would wear it through out the years to come...so...it's TOTALLY justified!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we dressed up for lunch because Jay had to work at night and we weren't going to let that spoil our little tradition. I think it's a perfect justification to buy something new and pretty that I will totally wear throughout the year!

      Delete