How far along: 29 weeks
29 lbs up.
Maternity clothes? I have started wearing some bigger, longer shirts because my old T's show half my belly now!
Stretch marks? It remains a mystery-still none that the eye can see....
Sleep: Really crazy- I went to bed at 5:30a.m. the other day. So I don't know now if I should be napping during the day if it's that hard to go to sleep at night- I'm going to be a little more cautious about it at least.
Best moment this week: I attended my friend Caralee's wedding this week; the best part? I was a bridesmaid! And would you believe it if I told you I was still able to fit into the bridesmaid dress?!!! I was shocked and excited that I was able to be a part of her special day.
Also, Jay and I started a tradition last year to dress up formally for our anniversary (a fun excuse for me to wear a pretty dress!) And I bought my dress for this year last summer- It is a gorgeous purple dress that I had my aunt alter for me to fit me perfectly. Well, when I found out I was pregnant, I thought we might just forgo our tradition this year, my friend gave me a gorgeous stretchy purple to be her bridesmaid and so I wore it for our celebration too! Voila! (although Jay's vest matches my other purple dress better, it still worked out).
Miss Anything? Being balanced- usually in the shower is when it kind of gets scary- right after rinsing soap or conditioner, it gets slick and I got a belly now with a baby so I finally went a bought a rubber mat to help and a handle that suctions onto the wall to use when it's slippery- any other suggestions?
Movement: He likes to move from one side to the complete other side- his whole body will be pressed up against one side or the other- maybe he is just exploring but he is not content with just laying in the middle. I got kind of worried one day and called the midwives who said I should eat and drink some juice and then count and once I did that he had 10 counts in like 30 seconds or a minute. I am so happy when I feel him moving around!
Food cravings: Maybe I'm a weird prego lady to not send my husband off to the store in the middle of the night (I was actually kind of looking forward to that part too- you always see it on the movies) but I do know that I hate water and cucumbers(maybe because they are watery).
Symptoms: Still some heartburn here and there- that means my baby is going to have a lot of hair right?;) I am starting to notice if I am out shopping or standing around that my feet do start to ache a little bit- it's not so bad if I can take some breaks (now the wedding line almost killed me- almost but I made it)
Belly Button in or out? Still the weird half and half thing- it's different being able to see what the inside looks like though-I don't think I've ever seen it before now.
Wedding rings on or off? On-it's getting a little squishy at times though- I am sure with the weather getting warmer and me getting bigger that soon enough I will have to put them away for a little bit.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Moody this week. Like I am up and down and all around. Mostly happy but I'll get all sad and wonder what is going on and then I remember I'm pregnant.
Funny Moment: So I was able to make it down to Manti and watch Caralee and Ben be wed for time and all eternity. I didn't realize though that they were getting married on the top floor: only way up? The stairs. What was funny was I didn't really think anything of it but before the whole party started up, a few people came up to me and said, "Honey, why don't you get a head start? You know, take it easy so you don't go into labor". Wha-wha-wha-what? I went with it but honestly I could have beat half those people up those stairs! No, it was good that I got to take it easy and it was so so cool to be on the spiral staircase. I was married in the Manti temple and caught a glimpse of them then so it was neat to actually climb them- and pregnant!
Looking forward to: Water aerobics with my friend Brooke! She teaches the class and it is so much fun and feels so good to be in the water- maybe it's because I don't feel all the weight on my feet and legs and belly- I think all pregnant people should go at least once just to see how it feels because it is AMAZing.

look at your cute baby bump! BAH! you are adorable.
ReplyDeleteOkay you are my favorite! Thanks Lara!!!!
Deletei wasn't getting tired of the red shirt. more surprised that it still fit! or maybe you just made it fit...(been there too)i can tell you've gained some weight (i ain't gonna lie to ya!). i can see it on your face(but the good news:last place the weight is put on is the first place it comes off). did that make senese? but it could be because the way you turned your face.
ReplyDeleteyou rocked that bridemaid's dress! also, is it me or is jay's forehead looking bigger too?
I know!!! My face is chubby! But hopefully you are right, I hope that is the first place it comes off of!
DeleteJay's gelling his hair more...that could add some length maybe?...