Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Surprising V-Day

Sweet does not always equal romance. Jay doesn't find value in buying me flowers when they just die a few days later. I look back and laugh that every time we went to a grocery store or stopped by anywhere where there were bouquets of flowers, I would stop and smell them, and Jay would just keep walking- didn't even notice me smelling them. I purposely would stand there longer than necessary and just sniff the flowers- like "hey, look, I'm smelling the flowers- they are so pretty- you should buy me some". It never worked. And the last thing a girl wants to do is say, "Hey, you should buy me some flowers dude." That would be romantic...

So Valentines Day comes along and I didn't really expect anything- and guess what Jay did? He totally surprised me. He told me to read some good Valentine's Day articles in the paper and opened it up to a page where I saw my name and a funny little poem to me about how our cars are junk but he has everything he wants because he has me. It was so Dorky! I loved it!

Then there on the kitchen table was a single red rose. Beautiful beautiful rose and a CD. He said he got me a flower because he knows I like flowers and got me a CD with the money he would have spent on a bouquet. And the CD was Rascal Flatts- my favorite!

And then- I know- there's more? Yes! Then he surprised me further by leaving me a little scavenger hunt around the house- you should have seen me- I was running to each of the places like a little kid on Christmas- so excited to see what was in each spot. Each spot had a piece of a puzzle piece with a pile of candy. When I put the puzzle together it said, "Jay and Aubrey Forever".

Sweetest thing ever.

3 comments:

  1. i love this. SO cute! flowers shmowers, looks like you've got a pretty romantic hubby after all ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think it runs in the family, as i only get them...maybe...once a year. i saw some flowers at costco last month and got them. andrew asked who they were from or why i got them or something and i said because i wanted them. i have no gulit buying them for myself. though now that rod's carries flowers he has no excuse.

    the nice thing about flowers though, are they don't last. they come, look pretty, you love and enjoy them. then they die. they are gone. they are not taking up any room in the house.

    did you cut that poem out?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love creativity and surprises more than anything else when it comes to gifts. It means you've given your gesture a lot of thought and the whole time you were thinking of the other person. I wouldn't even care if I got a pretty patch of grass dug up from nature and put in a terra-cotta pot bought at the D.I.-if only there was the thought behind it. Can Jay chat with Jared!?!

    ReplyDelete