Sunday, February 6, 2011

Bread Maker

Now that I am all domestic and married and stuff, I constantly surprise myself when I get excited over things like...well...my bread maker.

I got this gift for Christmas from my dear, sweet, amazing, wonderful, handsome, thrifty husband. (He was reading over my shoulder, just had to throw all that good stuff in).

I was so excited to just throw ingredients in there and let it do it's thing. Then, Nancy explained some things to me: like how the order is important and level everything off PERFECTLY and don't let the yeast touch the salt or the liquid, etc. More work than I expected, but fairly simple still.

Today I tried out my first recipe: Honey Banana Whole Wheat Bread. So I did perfect measurements for everything (except I added like a drop or two of almond extract- I am in love with this stuff) and turned on the machine to the appropriate settings.

I waited and waited. NOTHING was happening.

Then after FOREVER, it finally made it's first turn and I could finally burst out and say that IT WORKS!!!

And the bread was yummy, especially with a peanut butter sandwhich! Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment