Tuesday, March 15, 2011

One Year Baby!


This last weekend was our first anniversary!

We made reservations for The Roof and got all shnazzed up and had a wonderful expensive meal.



I borrowed my cousin's huge beautiful prom dress and Jay wore a matching tie. What was funny was there was a high school prom going on so we totally blended in. Everyone thought we were in high school too. I chatted with some of the girls and complimented their beautiful dresses and they oooed and awed at mine (well Quincie's dress). It was funny to see surprised faces when I told them I was not at prom but that we were celebrating our first wedding anniversary.

I believe this will have to be a tradition, I had a blast getting all dolled up and wearing a huge gown. LOVED IT!




This year has been extraordinary.
Jay and I have learned a lot more than we every planned on learning in our first year of marriage. There have been some unexpected things and some heartbreak but hey we know we aren't perfect and that life is not perfect. We are discovering ways to communicate with each other and build a strong foundation for the rest of our lives. I believe in marriage so much and I know it is making both of us better people.

I'm so lucky to have met Jay. He is an amazing human being and I love him with all my heart and can't believe how much my love has grown over the year. I look back on our wedding day and go, "Wow, I can't believe I love you more than I did that day."
I know every year I will probably look back and say, "I thought that was love?" because I know every year our love will deepen and become more meaningful.

And I know life will bring some craziness and stress and bills and whatever else but all I gotta say is I know we are in it together for the long haul so life,

Bring
It
On!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment