Sunday, October 31, 2010

Best Halloween Ever

For those of you who just want a little glimpse
at our fantabulous weekend, here is the summary
of events:

1. Caramel Apples
2. Carving Pumpkins
3. The Drowsy Chaperone
4. Lagoon's Frightmare

Fun Yay!

And now for the long-winded awesome version:

1.Caramel Apples.

First attempt at making soft chewy caramel apples= disaster.
Fun disaster.
It was so messy and caramel became so hard that
our teeth were afraid of becoming dust.
Yum it was good.


Garr was so excited to have sugar. You can't beat that face.



2.Carving Pumpkins.

Garrett did the guy with dreadlocks-It looked way awesome in real life-I just couldn't capture the essence of it- you will just have to take my word for it.

Jay did the man fishing on the moon -he totally made
up his pattern- very impressive eh?

And I did the lovely eyes with the lips and curls- I know it's
a bit girlie.



Don't worry, next year my pumpkin will scare you
so bad you will beg for girlie.



3.The Drowsy Chaperone!



This is one of those broadway plays you probably haven't heard of.

It's different than other musicals you have probably seen.
It was AMAZING.
I even cried (big surprise)because the one of the actors was
so convincing in his melancholy.
And not one soul didn't have tears from laughing so hard.

I wish we could go to one every month!

4.Frightmare at Lagoon.

Jay got some free tickets from his work and we debated
using them on saturday because the the rainy weather.
I told Jay to decide and the crazy man whipped me off
to Ogden.



I didn't bring my good camera inside but I wish I would have.
Everyone was dressed up and there were those painted
boards where you stick your head in and become the
character on the board. What are those things called?
(There is Jay in one of them above.)

We hit the haunted houses and the haunted roller coaster
rides. Of course we went on Wicked and the Colossous which
we figured out makes us old people a little woozy.

So we took a break and ended the night at the hypnotist show.

It was hilarious- one guy jumped off the stage and landed smack on his belly. He was told that we was a gibberish rap star and was performing for us when he tried to stage dive...yah, there was nobody there to catch him. It was pretty funny (he was okay guys- I wouldn't have said it was so funny if he had gotten hurt).



Awesome Halloween.

1 comment:

  1. i bet the view from the rocket would've been awesome! glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete