Sunday, September 12, 2010

Every girl's worst ever nightmare

In case you didn't know I am a bargain shopper now.
I needed some new round brushes to help my hair
have that va va voom and body that we as women love.
So naturally I decided I would get some nice cheap round-
brushes from the dollar store...yes...the dollar store...
And If you read the title of this blog and are a somewhat
intelligent person, which I am assuming you are, you will
have guessed by now what the ending to this story will be.

All I can say is that I bawled.


I didn't know cutting your hair could be so painful


You may be asking, "Why? Why didn't you try harder? Were you
that impatient that you couldn't just take each strand one by
one and get it undone?"

Well I am here to tell you I tugged and pulled. I had Jay hold the
roots of my hair while I pulled. I grabbed the peanut butter (it
works for gum, it might have made it slippery). I considered
calling my new boss on the second day of work and telling them
"I can't make it in today because I got a brush stuck in my hair
and I have to get it out."

I tried the singling out one strand at a time and slowly start to ease
it out but it was too late. It was too tangled and it broke. I knew what
must be done and I found the scissors and took one snip. It was too
much. I fell on the floor in agony. (Really I know you must be in
tears by now from this detailed description-be strong.)



For the brave here are the pictures (if you are in tears I would suggest
giving yourself five minutes before looking):











Just five years to get it all the same length again. I will be 27 by then.

Now I can't end on that note:
Here are the positives:
1. I still have some hair left.
2. Because my hair is thick I can part it on the other side and camouflage it...
for the most part.
3. I have a hilarious story to make anyone laugh at any given moment.

So now you know everything.

Moral of the story:
Dollar store is great...just not for your hair.

3 comments:

  1. Haha Aubrey this is too funny, and I am sorry for your hair. We need to get together sometime :) my # is 801-874-9109

    ReplyDelete
  2. aubrey!! i am so sorry! you are so wonderful to be thinking of the positive.
    i imagined all of your hair super short, which would still make you look gorgeous, but i know you had been growing it out so i was in pain for you. since its that chunk, im sure you can make do while it grows out, layer your hair to blend it or hide it like you said brushing hair over it.
    you are a trooper. that is a pretty funny story though. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. THIS MADE ME LAUGH SO FREAKING HARD. but i am very sorry! you're still overly gorgeous though.

    ps this is isabelle. :)

    ReplyDelete