Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Macey's Superman


I suppose you reach a point where "real life" hits ya.
That was today.

Jay and I went to the bank to add me to his account. When the nice lady asked how she could help us, I just said, "I would like to spend his money please"... mwah ha ha ha...
I now have all access to Jay's mula! When a girl has that, what do you think is the first thing that comes to mind?

SHOPPING!!! Yea baby!
So that's what I did...

For groceries.

First time grocery shopping for us by myself.
I prepared myself by picking five recipies from a cookbook and putting the ingredients on the list.

I got to Macey's and just stood there with my empty cart looking at my list and gazing in awe up at all the isles of food. Where to begin? I stared enviously at all the moms who just knew how to shop. Back and forth, my list, the moms, the isles, my list, the isles. I must have stood there for some time my head going in circles when suddenly a voice brought me out of my daze.

He introduced himself as "Superman" and said he was there to save me. Thank goodness for nice grocery store-workers!

3 hours later: my cart was full, my feet were aching and my mouth got wider and wider as I watched each item's price tick onto the check-out screen. I don't dare utter the final price.
What is Jay going to say?

3 comments:

  1. haha i think all of us can relate! i dont know about you, but i could just go grocery shopping and be fine with how ever long it takes. ya know, get inspired for dinner ideas make sure you aren't forgetting anything. Garrett on the other hand, he likes a quick shop. so maybe jay will be glad he wasn't there. and if he's upset about the money, just fix him a good meal and he'll forget allll about it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made a yummy meal and told him while he was eating. I think he was shocked but he knows how much his mom spends, who is the bargain shopper of the century and it is quite a bit for a family. So now I think he is over the initial shock and says he is excited to try all the meals I am going to make and also says he will love having good leftovers! I am way excited to go shopping again and try new recipes.

    ReplyDelete