Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Grant's Birthday


We celebrated Grant's birthday all week and then some:

On his birthday we went to Cold Stone where the staff sung to him and everyone else joined in. Grant was thrilled.

He's still funny about eating cold things- he has to do some "tests" first.

Then off to my side of the family:
 Grandma and Grandpa's house and did a homemade pinata

 And ate a two tiered watermelon cake -all fruit with a whipped cream "frosting" and some coconut and nuts.


Then later that week we went up to the zoo and enjoyed a day looking at the animals with Nana, Aunt Mandi, Uncle Austin and Uncle Garrett- we were sad to Papa and Uncle Patrick couldn't make it this time.


The zoo is completely different than the last time we went:

A splash pad was added-I think this was Grant's favorite part of his whole experience.


I know- really? This was his favorite? Where's the smile? Well- this is G enjoying something new- he is very good at concentrating and studying it out.

Looks like a pose- but this was before he reached for the camera and said, "SEE!"


We got to see the seal show and the bird show- both of which I recommend.






And enjoy trying to nab pictures here and there without getting in the way of someone else and hurrrying out of the spot so someone else could take a picture there. And apparently this was a "calm" day for the zoo- wow.






Thought this was fake- no it was real. It was just sitting there, not moving- with his mouth open. So strange.

Uncle Garrett being goofy.




Austin, Nana, me and E
Austin, Garrett, Nana, Esther, Mandi, Jay and Grant

She saw us and came up to the window and just kind of glance up here and there- it was sweet. 

We chased down a peacock- Grant got excited about that one.
In the middle of the day we had to take a break and go feed the baby and change diapers. This was one of those times I felt overwhelmed and hot and hungry and G was passed his nap time and hungry and the baby was losing it and I was just thinking "Why on earth would we come here and do this? This is hard and nobody is happy! Is this worth it?!"  So we go up front and to my surprise, everything you could ever want and need was right there- a nursing room, changing room and benches in the shade to give Grant a snack After everyone was taken care of I got to use the restroom! Something moms have to put off :) When I came out I had my "proud moment".
I walked out of the bathroom and got to see my family. My little cute family just sitting there- changed, fed and smiling. Oh yah- we got this. We can do this going to a zoo thing. They are the cutest don't you think? I'm proud to call them mine.
I love these people. This is my family. This is my work and my joy right here.


Happy Birthday Big Boy Grant!!!! We sure do love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment