Sunday, July 7, 2013

Summer Updates...Splash Pad, Independence Day, Colonial Days


Splash Pad in Provo: 
Good because:
It is HOT outsid- splashing in water feels gooooood.
Free!
Lots of kids to play with!

He didn't know what to think.

He made his "This-is-new-and-strange-face" but did try touching the water a few times.








He started having fun when a 5 year old came by and dumped a water bottle full of water on his head. He bawled. I told the 5 year old not to do that. He said "okay". Kids just don't know sometimes.

 We love the park! The park by us is so nice and shaded- G loves climbing the stairs. It's his favorite thing.

His new trick is putting his head through the top bars and stepping up and down like a "big person" does.


He never looks down to where he's going- he always stares straight ahead and  "feels-it-out".

Another fav past time at the park. Bark piles at the bottom of slides.



Seriously he spends at least 1/2 his time at the park doing this activity.

Beautiful trees and wonderful shade.
 Independence Day: we went to the parade. G made his "this-is-new-and-weird" face pretty much the entire time until the marching bands came by and we danced with him.

Are you happy? It's just all so new.

Dancing with dad and eating banana.

When he gets sweaty- I feel bad- maybe I should cut his hair- but the sweat makes his hair so neat! Such a great style don't you think?


 We both blinked so I had to put this up- see we totally look alike!

there we go.

He's so happy. And long- I just can't believe how he's thinning and lengthening. Growing all the time.

cute boys, cute!


Awwww! I just love out little family!


We also attended Colonial Days- so so so neat. The first booth we stopped for over an hour and just chatted with this couple (well, Jay took Grant to the park after a bit so I could talk to the wife). She grows and dries all her own herbs and uses them for medicinal healing! What an amazing person! I am hoping I can attend her class when it comes up. I love learning about this and to meet this lady who has been doing this for over 30 years and just hear her knowledge and stories- I could have stayed there all day!
Add caption

Fun Day!!!

2 comments:

  1. now you just need a picture of grant and jay without a shirt, so we can see who has the best farmer's tan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! I was going to comment on the farmer's tan, too! I love that Jay and Grant have twinner tans!

    ReplyDelete